GEORGIA INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY
Last updated on June 5th, 2019
The Georgia Institute of Technology, commonly referred to as Georgia Tech, is a public research university and institute of technology in Atlanta, Georgia.
Rank: #6 Business and Quantitative Analysis by U.S News and World Report
#7 Statistics and Operational Research by QS World University Rankings.
Faculty: Learn directly from top international authorities on business intelligence, developers of cutting-edge analytics techniques in statistics and operations research, and world leaders in big data and high-performance computing.
In addition to making contacts with leading analytics organizations during the course of the program, students will be funded to attend a major analytics conference, gain valuable exposure at Georgia Tech's Big Data Industry Forum, and be supported in their job search by a dedicated professional.
- Calculus scores
- A four-year bachelor's degree or equivalent
- GRE or GMAT scores
- Resume or Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL Scores: minimum score of 100
- Sufficient background in Mathematics or background in preparatory courses like MATH 1712, ISYE 6739, MATH 1553, and/or CS 1301
(Georgia Tech does not accept IELTS)
- Knowledge in Computer Programming using a high-level language like C, C++, Java, Python, FORTRAN, etc.)
Class Size: 85
Male Candidates: 64%
Female Candidates: 36%
International Students: 53%
US Citizens/PR: 47%
Average Work Experience: 2 years
- 56% Engineering/CS
- 36% Business/Economics
- 24% Math/Statistics
- 10% Science (Physics, Biology, Chemistry, etc.)
- 19% Other (Art History, Classics, English, German, International Relations, Law, Music, Philosophy, Psychology, Public Policy, etc.)
Job Offers: 90%
Average Salary: 94000$
Roles after MSBA:
Top Industries for employment were Consulting Firms, Marketing and Advertising, Software, Financial Services/ FinTech, Technology, Retail/eCommerce and many more.