Krannert School of Management – (Purdue University)
Last updated on June 5th, 2019
The Krannert School of Management is the school of management at Purdue University in West Lafayette, Indiana, United States.
Rank: #12 by QS World University Rankings
#1 Data Science Master’s degree program in the U.S by CIO Magazine
#2 in Information Systems field in North America. by Eduniversal
Duration: The Master of Science in Business Analytics and Information Management is a full-time, 11-month program beginning in June every year, designed to educate students in state-of-the-art information technologies and analytical techniques.
Average GMAT Score: 693
Average GPA: 3.56
The MS BAIM program is a STEM certified program (for details regarding the associated STEM OPT extension, please visit the USCIS website). They specialize in developing students who aim to build upon their science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) backgrounds to establish, lead, and grow a prominent organization.
Students undergo a rigorous curriculum and develop facility with a variety of software tools currently used in business. Students will also have opportunities to apply what they are learning to real-world problems through experiential learning.
Course Work: Students must complete at least 36 hours of coursework
- Core courses on techniques and technologies – 17 Credits
- Foundational courses in functional areas – 6 Credits
- Restricted electives on information management and analytics – 8 Credits
- Free electives or immersion electives – 5 Credits
- Completed online application
- Statement of Purpose + Required essay on Integrity + Optional essay
- Two Recommendations
- Transcript Scans
- Evidence of a Baccalaureate Degree
- Non-refundable application fee -$60 (US Dollars) for domestic students or $75 (US Dollars) for international students must be paid online by credit card.
- Official transcripts
- Official GMAT/GRE Test Scores:Institution code 1631
- Official Language Test Scores (international students only) -For the International English Language Testing System (IELTS), an overall minimum band score of 7.5 is required, with 7.0 required for each section.
- Online (KIRA) Video Essay
Class Size :82 students
Women Candidates: 28%
Average Age: 26 years
Average work experience: 38 months.
Companies like Amazon, Apple, Avant, Bank of America, CMA CGM, Deloitte, DiDi Chuxing, EXL Service, etc., hired the graduates of Krannert.
Going By the numbers of Class of 2018 Seeking Employment:
- Accepted an Offer by Graduation: 41%
- Accepted an Offer within 180 days of graduation: 97%
- Average Base Salary of Students Accepting Positions in the US $: 78,703
- Percent Receiving Bonus: 50%
- Average Bonus Received: 7,281
- Salary + (Bonus*Percent received) in $: 82,344
Roles post MSBA:
Analytics Consultant, Associate Manager, Operations and Analytics, Associate Salary, Business Analyst, Business Technology Analyst, Data Scientist, Lead Assistant Manager, Revenue Science Analyst, Strategic Analytics Analyst, Supply Chain Analyst, and Trade Reporting Analyst.
Projects the Students worked on during the course last year
- Risky Business: Predicting Cancellations in Imbalanced Multi-Classification Settings
- Optimal Clustering of Products for Regression-Type and Classification-Type Predictive Modelling for Assortment Planning
- Effect of Forecast Accuracy on Inventory Optimization Model
- Future LPG Shipments Forecasting Based on Empty LPG Vessels Data