Michigan State University (ELI BROAD)
Last updated on June 5th, 2019
The Michigan State University is a business school located in Eugene C. Epple Center and North Business College Complex
Rank: #6 Masters in Business Analytics by QS World rankings
Mission: Create and disseminate knowledge through collaborative relationships while developing transformational leaders who make business happen.
Vision: Being a top-of-mind business school as reflected by the recognition of our brand, the reputation of our people, and the rankings of our programs.
Faculty: The MSUs’ faculty prepares the students for successful careers in the field of business analytics from business analysts, data analysts, marketing analysts, financial analysts, database and data warehouse architects to data scientists.
- Training the students to be leaders in the data management process and business analytics approaches
- Providing them with experiential project management opportunities using live data sets for analysis and application
- Developing students’ expertise in key data management areas such as: Data mining, Marketing technology, website analytics, and social network analytics
- Applied statistical approaches
- How to interpret and communicate data analysis
- A completed a four-year bachelor’s degree from a recognized educational institution.
- Working knowledge of personal computers, including word processing, spreadsheets, networking, and database management systems.
- Knowledge of programming languages such as C, C++, Python, Java, and HTML, as well as experience in using statistical software packages.
- Strong scores on the GMAT (Graduate Management Admissions Test) or GRE (Graduate Record Exam). Michigan State University graduates with a cumulative GPA of 3.25 or higher may waive this requirement.
- A general understanding of data science/business analytics as a career and field.
The undergraduate degree must be the equivalent to a four-year degree in the United States for International students.
Documents required for admission:
- Two letters of recommendation
- Personal statement
GMAT Code: QHO -5P-59.
GRE Code: 1465
For International students:
- English Competency
Test Scores: English competency test scores are required, with minimum scores of 250 on the computer version of the TOEFL and 100 on the internet-based test, or a minimum of 7 on the IELTS.
University Code: 1465
Alumni base: 75,000 business alumni
Mean Summer Internship Pay – $29/hr
Median Starting Salary – $28000
Roles post MSBA: Business Intelligence Analysts, Pricing and Revenue Optimization Analysts, Insurance Risk Estimation Analysts
Tuition and Fees: $36,000 for in-state residents and $39,000 for out-of-state residents.
For international students’ they require them to state $70,000 to cover tuition, insurance, books, and any unforeseen expenses to ensure proper financial coverage and processing of your I-20 form.
Financial loans to students such as subsidized Stafford loan, direct subsidized loan, federal Graduate PLUS loan are also provided.