SOUTHERN METHODIST UNIVERSITY (COX)
Last updated on June 5th, 2019
Southern Methodist University (SMU) is situated on a tree-lined campus that’s just minutes from the beating heart of Dallas, SMU.
Culture: SMU has an exceptionally diversified culture and they even nurture relationships with groups such as the National Black MBA Association, National Society of Hispanic MBAs, and Reaching Out.
Duration: The program is STEM and OPT certified. MSBA from SMU is a 33 credit-hour degree. The Full-Time program is two semesters (four, 7-week Modules) and the Part-Time program is 4 semesters (seven, 7-week Modules).
Faculty: We don’t just teach business — we’re immersed in business, believes the professional faculty of SMU. The faculty prepares students for successful careers in the burgeoning field of business analytics from business analysts, data analysts, marketing analysts, financial analysts, database and data warehouse architects to data scientists.
Course work: The MS in Business Analytics (MSBA) curriculum balances the depth of analytical training with a breadth of business knowledge. The students will discover applications of business analytics across a wide range of industries and functions, including:
- Operations management
- Health care
- Online Application
- Resume and Essays
- GMAT or GRE score report (from an exam taken within the last five years) – (SMU Cox GMAT school code: HWG-KN-47 and GRE school code: 6660).
- SMU Cox BBA Undergraduates with a GPA of 3.4 or higher are NOT required to submit GMAT/GRE Scores.
- Transfer Transcripts
- Two references (name & contact information only)
Application Requirements for International Students
- All applicants whose native language is not English are required to submit either a TOEFL, IELTS or PTE Score Report to meet the English language proficiency requirement. SMU Cox TOEFL institution code: 6660
- The TOEFL/IELTS/PTE may be waived if at least one of the following conditions are met:
– You will hold or currently hold an undergraduate and/or prior graduate degree from a college or university where English is the official language of instruction.
– You have lived and worked full-time in the U.S. or in a country where English is the official language for at least two of the past four years.
– You scored at or above the 80th percentile on the verbal section of the GMAT or GRE exam.
Classes typically begin mid-August but it is highly recommended that students arrive in Dallas the beginning of August. International students can arrive up to 1 month before the start date of classes. Prior to the start of classes, students will be required to attend the following:
- MSBA Orientation – This is mandatory for ALL students!
- International Orientation – This is mandatory for International Students
- Boot Camps – These are mandatory for ALL students!
– For full-time students: $50,510.
– For part-time students: $76,710.
BY THE NUMBERS, THE COX MSBA CLASS FOR 2019:
109: CLASS SIZE
53% of Women
671: Average GMAT
3.45: Average GPA
49% of international students representing over 6 countries
Recent participants in the class include Accenture, American Airlines, AT&T, Google, Intuit and PwC.
Notable Alumni: Lexie Mize, MSBA 2017, Consultant at Infosys Consulting, Inc.