UNIVERSITY OF SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA (MARSHALL)
Last updated on June 5th, 2019
Master of Science in Business Analytics (MSBA) is a comprehensive program designed for students who want to pursue a career in business analytics and data science industry.
Program: The MS in Business Analytics program was established in Spring 2014 at the University of Southern California (USC). It is a rigorous program that prepares students for careers in the business analytics field. MSBA is a program that develops personal strengths, constructs an entrepreneurial mindset, lead with integrity, purpose and ethical perspective, and draw value from diversity and inclusion.
Campus: The campus is located in Los Angeles, a vibrant hub for business and culture in the Pacific Rim. From magnificent architecture to the eye-catching interior, it has everything that can dazzle a common man’s mind
33 units, taken in 3 semesters (with the flexibility of extending to 4 semesters): Fall, Spring, Fall, including 19.5 units of required coursework plus 13.5 units of coursework chosen from a list of electives.
The program may be completed on a full-time or part-time basis. Students in the program acquire broad and in-depth training in all areas related to business analytics and big data analysis, including:
- Statistical modeling
- Data management
- Visualization and Optimization
- Information security
- Decision-making under uncertainty
Faculty: USC has the finest set of faculty members from the world. Good teaching is a mixture of art and science—the ability to grab and keep students’ attention and convey complex information. The faculty tries to peel off the complexities of students and distill it down to something accessible.
- Applicants must have earned the equivalent of a 4-year U.S. bachelor’s degree with a competitive GPA.
- Work Experience
- Test Scores:
- International students MUST submit TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE scores meeting the following requirements. The test took within the last two years of the start of the school semester
– GMAT sent directly to USC by the GMAT testing service using the Marshall MBA school code – 389-9C-23
– GRE sent directly to USC by the Educational Testing Service using USC school code: 4852
– TOEFL: 100+ overall, 20+ band score
– TOEFL sent directly to USC by the Educational Testing Service using USC school code 4852
– IELTS: 6.5 overall, 6+ band score
– IELTS choose USC from the list of institutions.
– PTE sent directly to USC by the GMAT testing service using the Marshall MBA school code – 389-9C-23
Class size- 97
Female Candidates: 53%
Male Candidates: 47%
Average overall GRE score – 322
Average GMAT score – 724
Average Work Experience – 13 months
Average base salary: $80K-$140K
Salary with 5 years of experience – $105K-$160K.
Total tuition cost – $63,096
According to the Bureau of Labour Statistics, by 2026 there will be:
- 27% increase in the job outlook for Operation Research Analysts
- 23% increase in the job outlook for Marketing Research Analysts
- 14% increase in the job outlook for Management Analysts
- 11% increase in the job outlook for Financial Analysts
all of which are faster than average increases in job outlook. Therefore, building a career in this field can be extravagantly favorable.
Some of the proficient recruiting and program partners of USC are Amazon, Amgen, Sony, uber, Yahoo, Walmart, Intel, LinkedIn, Microsoft, NBCUniversal, live nation, google and many more.