If you have been wondering “Why MBA?” or “Is an MBA right for me?”, then watch this video where we discuss in detail on what to expect from a B-school.
Watch this video where we talk about the success mindset that candidates applying to top MBA programs must have and the 3 things that top B-schools look for in their prospective students.
You DO NOT need an MBA! Don’t get fooled that an MBA is going to solve these problems for you – it is not!
1. You cannot do an MBA thinking it will make you into something you are not. You cannot expect 1-2 years to do what 20-odd years haven’t.
2. An MBA is not a “get rich quick” scheme – in fact, for the first few years, an MBA would not make *any* financial sense.
3. Getting an MBA is the answer but you need to know what the questions are. Without it, MBA can confuse you further rather than give clarity.
1. All things being equal, R1 does give you an edge over R2 in terms of the probability.
2. If you get dinged in R1 then you have an option to apply in R2 so it becomes your plan B.
3. You hedge your risks by applying to as many schools as possible by applying to both R1 and R2.
So, in short – if you have taken the GMAT then it is better to have a strategy to apply in both the rounds.
The #1 Reason why people get rejected at top MBA programs such as Harvard is that they are not able to show their “employability” post-MBA.
Remember you need to use the journey (MBA) to reach a goal (your career). A successful application will show (a) where the applicant is today (b) how an MBA would add value, & (c) where the applicant will get to.
There is a great Linkedin tool to help you figure out where the alumni from a particular B-school are working today. Here is an example of how to use it for ISB:
- Copyright © 2019. All Rights Reserved. Crafted by Pixelmattic