About the School
The Indian Institute of Management Bangalore (IIM-B) is one of the leading graduate schools of management across Asia. IIM-B has 108 full-time faculty members, about 1200 students across various degree-granting programs, and nearly 5000 annual Executive Education participants. Being in close proximity to some of the leading corporate houses in the country, ranging from information technology to consumer product companies, it gives us the added advantage of integrating classroom knowledge with practical experience as we are located in India’s high technology capital.
Course Fee (₹)
Course Duration (months)
Average GMAT Score
Average GRE Score
|Average Work Experience||5 Years|
- Decision Sciences
- Economics & Social Sciences
- Finance & Accounting
- Information Systems
- Organizational Behaviour & Human Resources Management
- Production & Operations Management
- Public Policy
EPGP Merit Scholarship:
It is granted to candidates in the top five ranks based on CGPA at the end of Term 2 (i.e. Core Terms 1 and 2 taken together).
The value of each scholarship is INR 750,000.
EPGP Admission Scholarship:
It is granted to candidates in the top five ranks in each of Rounds 1 and 2 based on the overall acceptance score. The value of each scholarship is INR 600,000.
It is to be awarded as follows: a. INR 300,000 in the form of a waiver of fee payable at the point of registration; INR 300,000 if the candidate is in the top 25 percent of the class based on CGPA at the end of Term 2 (i.e. Core Terms 1 and 2 taken together) in the form of a waiver of fee payable in the following installment.
EPGP International Scholarship:
This is a fresh scholarship intended to interest global students to improve classroom diversity. Two scholarships of INR countries in the SAARC (other than India) and 1,000,000 will be granted to the citizens of ASEAN regions and from Africa. The requirements are as follows: a. Applicants educated outside India are eligible. b.The scholarship will be awarded to the applicants in the top two ranks from among those who meet the acceptability conditions as follows: INR 500,000 in the form of a waiver of fee payable at the point of registration; and o INR 500,000 in the form of a waiver of fee payable from the first installment of fee payable.
IIM-B gives placement assistance to all EPGP scholars. The Career Development Services office (CDS) operates intimately with the EPGP Student Placement Committee on the campus recruitment process which consists of the following stages:
- Inviting companies
- Pre-placement talks
- Placement Interviews
- Offers and Acceptance
- Career Support Services
Before the placement interviews, students have access to several career support activities that help them enhance their skills as well as make better career choices. Some of the career support activities available to students are:
- Resume workshop
- Interview skills workshop
- Career mapping and counseling sessions
Former Chairman, ISRO – Indian Space Research Organisation
Professor of Finance at the Stern School of Business at New York University
CEO of Perfetti Van Melle
Former CEO of Saatchi & Saatchi Focus
IIM-B MBA Application Process
The latest application requirements set by the IIM-B MBA admission office are described below.
Unlike other B-schools, IIM-B does not require you to write application essays. But you need to submit a Statement of Purpose (SOP) that enables you to highlight your future goals and achievements.
No word limit is required for the SOP.
|Round 1||Jul 22, 2020 – Aug 31, 2020|
|Round 2||Sep 2, 2020 – Oct 29, 2020|
|Round 3||Nov 1, 2020 – Jan 4, 2021|
Two references (on-line), preferably one from the current employer or from an individual who is in a position to evaluate the applicant’s performance on the job. Submission of Reference letters is mandatory. Provide details (email id & contact details) of two persons as your referees in the on-line application (preferably one from the current employer or from an individual who is in a position to evaluate your job performance). References will have to be submitted online by the referees directly on or before the stipulated last date for submission of application. Please inform the referees accordingly when you approach them for providing references. References are a part of the application and you will be able to submit the application only after the Reference section is complete. No separate extension will be allowed for the submission of References outside the application. References cannot be received/submitted separately.
Tips for recommendation letters:
- Who can give a recommendation: You will have to provide details of one recommender who can be your reporting manager/ previous manager/ senior colleague/ current client/ previous client/ business partner/ supplier/ auditor etc.
- It should not be a bunch of adjectives. The recommender should add specific instances/examples of your professional work together.
- Academic recommendations ( from professors/teachers etc) are not valid
- The recommender should send the recommendation from the official email id only. If the recommender does not have an official id – then proof that you reported / or was supervised by this person should be attached.
- Go by the quality of the evaluation rather than the seniority of the designation
Letter of recommendation questions:
- How long have you known the applicant and in what capacity?
- What do you consider the applicant’s most outstanding talent or ability?
- What do you consider the applicant’s chief liabilities and weaknesses?