Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
That twenty-one ceramic dog figurines were discovered during the excavating of a 1,000- year-old Hohokam village in Tempe, Arizona, has nearly doubled the number of these artifacts known to exist.
That twenty-one ceramic dog figurines were discovered during the excavating
Twenty-one ceramic dog figurines discovered at the excavation
Discovering twenty-one ceramic dog figurines at the excavating
Ceramic dog figurines, twenty-one of which were discovered during excavating
The discovery of twenty-one ceramic dog figurines during the excavation
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: SVA Construction.
A) Inappropriate usage of the conjunction “That” as it should be introducing a clause but doesn’t.
B) The subject in this option becomes Figurines. This is not in line with the verb “has”
C) The subject becomes “Discovering” – This has not doubled the number. This option changes sense.
D) The subject becomes “figurines” – And the figurines have not doubled the number. Moreover, it is not in line with the verb “Has”
E) Correct Answer
- Excavations of the Roman city of Sepphoris have uncovered numerous detailed mosaics depicting several…
- The ancient Anasazi harvested such native desert vegetation as the purple-flowered bee plant, what they now commonly call wild spinach…
- Only seven people this century have been killed by the great white shark, the man-eater of the movies—less than those killed…
- Since February, the Federal Reserve has raised its short-term interest rate target five times, and because of the economy’s…
- The first commercially successful drama to depict Black family life sympathetically and the first play by a Black woman to be…