Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
That twenty-one ceramic dog figurines were discovered during the excavating of a 1,000- year-old Hohokam village in Tempe, Arizona, has nearly doubled the number of these artifacts known to exist.
That twenty-one ceramic dog figurines were discovered during the excavating
Twenty-one ceramic dog figurines discovered at the excavation
Discovering twenty-one ceramic dog figurines at the excavating
Ceramic dog figurines, twenty-one of which were discovered during excavating
The discovery of twenty-one ceramic dog figurines during the excavation
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: SVA Construction.
A) Inappropriate usage of the conjunction “That” as it should be introducing a clause but doesn’t.
B) The subject in this option becomes Figurines. This is not in line with the verb “has”
C) The subject becomes “Discovering” – This has not doubled the number. This option changes sense.
D) The subject becomes “figurines” – And the figurines have not doubled the number. Moreover, it is not in line with the verb “Has”
E) Correct Answer
- For the past several years, a certain technology has been widely used to transmit data among…
- Editorial in Krenlandian Newspaper: Krenland’s steelmakers are losing domestic sales because of lower-priced imports..
- Today’s technology allows manufacturers to make small cars more fuel-efficient now than at any time…
- Mayor: Migrating shorebirds stop at our beach just to feed on horseshoe-crab eggs..
- In an effort to reduce the number of fires started by cigarettes, a major tobacco company is test- marketing a…