Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
That twenty-one ceramic dog figurines were discovered during the excavating of a 1,000- year-old Hohokam village in Tempe, Arizona, has nearly doubled the number of these artifacts known to exist.
That twenty-one ceramic dog figurines were discovered during the excavating
Twenty-one ceramic dog figurines discovered at the excavation
Discovering twenty-one ceramic dog figurines at the excavating
Ceramic dog figurines, twenty-one of which were discovered during excavating
The discovery of twenty-one ceramic dog figurines during the excavation
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: SVA Construction.
A) Inappropriate usage of the conjunction “That” as it should be introducing a clause but doesn’t.
B) The subject in this option becomes Figurines. This is not in line with the verb “has”
C) The subject becomes “Discovering” – This has not doubled the number. This option changes sense.
D) The subject becomes “figurines” – And the figurines have not doubled the number. Moreover, it is not in line with the verb “Has”
E) Correct Answer
- Today’s technology allows manufacturers to make small cars more fuel-efficient now than at any time…
- Competition in the mid-nineteenth century by large western farms gradually caused farmers in Pennsylvania to turn to livestock raising, but before that it was predominantly grain-producing.
- According to public health officials, in 1998 Massachusetts became the first state in which more…
- The quality of unrefined olive oil is not actually defined in terms of acidity, yet extensive tests..
- Aroca County’s public schools are supported primarily by taxes on the property. The county…