Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If v = √(2(9.8))m/0.5j),
m = 96, and j = 49,
which of the following most closely approximates the value of v?
Option B is the correct answer.
Question is asking about approximate value v = √(2(9.8))m/0.5j
Substitute given m = 96, and j = 49
v = √(2(9.8))*96/(0.5*49)
v = √((19.6)*96)/(24.5)
v ≈ √((16)*100)/(25) (Just approximate to nearest perfect square)
v ≈ √(40/5) v ≈ 8
So the closest answer is B(9).
- If a, b, x and y are positive integers, is a^(-x) > b^(-y) ?
- Larissa and Steve each drove the same distance from City X to City Y in separate cars. Did it take longer for…
- At the end of each year, the value of a certain antique watch is “c” percent more than its value one…
- Kay began a certain game with x chips. On each of the next two plays, she lost one more than half…
- In a particular machine, there are 2 gears that interlock; one gear is larger in circumference than the…