Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
According to a 1996 survey by the National Association of College and University Business Officers, more than three times as many independent institutions of higher education charge tuition and fees of under $8,000 a year than those that charge over $16,000.
than those that charge
than are charging
than to charge
as those charging
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Idioms, Comparison
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “than”. We would require “as many independent….as”.
B) Same as A
C) Same as C
D) Not parallel. The non-underlined part of the sentence uses the word “charging”
E) Correct Answer
- During her presidency of the short-lived Woman’s State Temperance Society (1852-1853)..
- At an orientation meeting, the travelers were told that a visa, a landing card, and evidence of inoculation…
- Editorial in Krenlandian Newspaper: Krenland’s steelmakers are losing domestic sales because of lower-priced imports..
- Socially and environmentally responsible investing is on the rise: last year in the United States, over…
- Competition in the mid-nineteenth century by large western farms gradually caused farmers in Pennsylvania to turn to livestock raising, but before that it was predominantly grain-producing.