Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
According to a 1996 survey by the National Association of College and University Business Officers, more than three times as many independent institutions of higher education charge tuition and fees of under $8,000 a year than those that charge over $16,000.
than those that charge
than are charging
than to charge
as those charging
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Idioms, Comparison
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “than”. We would require “as many independent….as”.
B) Same as A
C) Same as C
D) Not parallel. The non-underlined part of the sentence uses the word “charging”
E) Correct Answer
- In Berinia, the age at which people could begin to drink alcohol legally used to be 18. In 1990, in an attempt to reduce alcohol…
- For the last five years the Dutch economy has grown faster than Britain, France, or Germany…
- FastMart, a convenience store chain, is planning to add pancake syrup to the items it sells..
- According to a survey of graduating medical students conducted by the Association of American…
- A Swiss government panel recommended that the country sell about half its gold reserves and this…