Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
According to a 1996 survey by the National Association of College and University Business Officers, more than three times as many independent institutions of higher education charge tuition and fees of under $8,000 a year than those that charge over $16,000.
than those that charge
than are charging
than to charge
as those charging
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Idioms, Comparison
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “than”. We would require “as many independent….as”.
B) Same as A
C) Same as C
D) Not parallel. The non-underlined part of the sentence uses the word “charging”
E) Correct Answer
- Turning away from literary realism to write romantic stories about the peasant life and landscape…
- Tourists have long complained that hotel accommodations in Midville are too expensive. Starting last year, the city council, hoping to attract…
- The fact of some fraternal twins resembling each other greatly and others looking quite dissimilar highlights an interesting and often…
- Printwell’s Ink Jet Division manufactures ink-jet printers and the ink cartridges they use..
- Although the restaurant company has recently added many new restaurants across the country and its sales…