Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
According to a 1996 survey by the National Association of College and University Business Officers, more than three times as many independent institutions of higher education charge tuition and fees of under $8,000 a year than those that charge over $16,000.
than those that charge
than are charging
than to charge
as those charging
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Idioms, Comparison
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “than”. We would require “as many independent….as”.
B) Same as A
C) Same as C
D) Not parallel. The non-underlined part of the sentence uses the word “charging”
E) Correct Answer
- That the application of new technology can increase the productivity of existing coal mines is demonstrated by the case of Tribnia’s coal industry. Coal output per miner in Tribnia is double what it was five years ago, even though no new mines have opened.
- Tourists have long complained that hotel accommodations in Midville are too expensive. Starting last year, the city council, hoping to attract…
- A new machine for harvesting corn will allow rows to be planted only fifteen inches apart…
- In polluted environments, dolphins gradually accumulated toxins in their body fat, and the…
- In an effort to reduce the number of fires started by cigarettes, a major tobacco company is test- marketing a…