Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
According to a 1996 survey by the National Association of College and University Business Officers, more than three times as many independent institutions of higher education charge tuition and fees of under $8,000 a year than those that charge over $16,000.
than those that charge
than are charging
than to charge
as those charging
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Idioms, Comparison
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “than”. We would require “as many independent….as”.
B) Same as A
C) Same as C
D) Not parallel. The non-underlined part of the sentence uses the word “charging”
E) Correct Answer
- The ancient Anasazi harvested such native desert vegetation as the purple-flowered bee plant, what they now commonly call wild spinach…
- Unlike most severance packages, which require workers to stay until the last day scheduled to collect…
- Sunflowers growing in pots were placed, with their roots submerged, in the pond contaminated with radioactive elements..
- Certain politicians in the country of Birangi argue that a 50 percent tax on new automobiles..
- People who have spent a lot of time in contact with animals often develop animal-induced allergies, some of them quite serious…