Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
According to a 1996 survey by the National Association of College and University Business Officers, more than three times as many independent institutions of higher education charge tuition and fees of under $8,000 a year than those that charge over $16,000.
than those that charge
than are charging
than to charge
as those charging
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Idioms, Comparison
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “than”. We would require “as many independent….as”.
B) Same as A
C) Same as C
D) Not parallel. The non-underlined part of the sentence uses the word “charging”
E) Correct Answer
- The violent crime rate (number of violent crimes per 1,000 residents) in Meadowbrook is 60 percent higher now than it was four years ago….
- Studying the fruit fly, a household nuisance but a time-honored experimental subject, has enabled…
- Not only did the systematic clearing of forests in the United States create farmland…
- For the past several years, a certain technology has been widely used to transmit data among…
- A Swiss government panel recommended that the country sell about half its gold reserves and this…