Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Scholars who once thought Native American literatures were solely oral narratives recorded by missionaries or anthropologists now understand this body of work to consist of both oral literatures and the written works of Native American authors, who have been publishing since 1772.
Scholars who once thought Native American literatures were solely oral narratives
Scholars thinking of Native American literatures once solely as oral narratives, and
Scholars who once had thought of Native American literatures solely as oral narratives and
Native American literatures, which some scholars once thought were solely oral narratives
Native American literatures, which some scholars once, thinking they were solely oral narratives
Option A is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Sentence Construction, Modifiers
A) Correct Answer
B) The phrase that begins with “Thinking….” Is unnecessary.
C) Inappropriate usage of the past perfect tense “had thought”
D) Collapses the sense of the sentence by changing the subject to Native American Literatures.
E) Same as D.
- In polluted environments, dolphins gradually accumulated toxins in their body fat, and the…
- People who have spent a lot of time in contact with animals often develop animal-induced allergies, some of them quite serious…
- Studying the fruit fly, a household nuisance but a time-honored experimental subject, has enabled…
- The first commercially successful drama to depict Black family life sympathetically and the first play by a Black woman to be…
- In archaeology, there must be a balance between explanation of the value and workings of archaeology…