Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The steel industry has changed radically over the last two decades, as large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel once conducted operations from mining at one end of the process to shipping at the other have greatly downsized, or in some cases shut down altogether.
as large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel
as large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
with large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
while large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
and large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel
Option B is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Construction, Comparison.
A) Sentence fragment; Bethlehem steel once conducted….have greatly downsized.
B) Correct Answer
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “with”
D) Inappropriate usage of the word “while”
E) Sentence fragment. The conjunction “And” is unnecessary
- Aroca County’s public schools are supported primarily by taxes on the property. The county…
- Birds known as honey guides exhibit a unique pattern of behavior: the bird leads another animal, such as a…
- Certain politicians in the country of Birangi argue that a 50 percent tax on new automobiles..
- From 1980 to 1989, total consumption of fish in the country of Jurania increased by 4.5 percent, and total consumption of poultry products there increased by 9.0 percent..
- Appendicitis (inflammation of the appendix) is potentially fatal; consequently, patients with symptoms strongly suggesting appendicitis almost have their…