Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The steel industry has changed radically over the last two decades, as large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel once conducted operations from mining at one end of the process to shipping at the other have greatly downsized, or in some cases shut down altogether.
as large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel
as large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
with large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
while large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
and large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel
Option B is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Construction, Comparison.
A) Sentence fragment; Bethlehem steel once conducted….have greatly downsized.
B) Correct Answer
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “with”
D) Inappropriate usage of the word “while”
E) Sentence fragment. The conjunction “And” is unnecessary
- Not only did the systematic clearing of forests in the United States create farmland…
- Today’s technology allows manufacturers to make small cars more fuel-efficient now than at any time…
- For the past several years, a certain technology has been widely used to transmit data among…
- People who have spent a lot of time in contact with animals often develop animal-induced allergies, some of them quite serious…
- During her presidency of the short-lived Woman’s State Temperance Society (1852-1853)..