Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The steel industry has changed radically over the last two decades, as large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel once conducted operations from mining at one end of the process to shipping at the other have greatly downsized, or in some cases shut down altogether.
as large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel
as large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
with large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
while large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
and large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel
Option B is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Construction, Comparison.
A) Sentence fragment; Bethlehem steel once conducted….have greatly downsized.
B) Correct Answer
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “with”
D) Inappropriate usage of the word “while”
E) Sentence fragment. The conjunction “And” is unnecessary
- Following several years of declining advertising sales, the Greenville Times reorganized its advertising…
- People who have spent a lot of time in contact with animals often develop animal-induced allergies, some of them quite serious…
- Tourists have long complained that hotel accommodations in Midville are too expensive. Starting last year, the city council, hoping to attract…
- By merging its two publishing divisions, the company will increase their share of the country’s..
- Although she had been known as an effective legislator first in the Texas Senate and later in the United…