Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The steel industry has changed radically over the last two decades, as large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel once conducted operations from mining at one end of the process to shipping at the other have greatly downsized, or in some cases shut down altogether.
as large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel
as large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
with large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
while large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
and large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel
Option B is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Construction, Comparison.
A) Sentence fragment; Bethlehem steel once conducted….have greatly downsized.
B) Correct Answer
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “with”
D) Inappropriate usage of the word “while”
E) Sentence fragment. The conjunction “And” is unnecessary
- Electronic computer chips made of tiny silicon wafers now regularly contain millions of electronic…
- Each year red-winged blackbirds stop in a certain region of Midland Province on…
- Only seven people this century have been killed by the great white shark, the man-eater of the movies—less than those killed…
- Some scientists contend that many species of dinosaur had a metabolism more like a warm-blooded…
- For the first time in the modern era, non-Hispanic Whites are officially a minority in California…