Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The steel industry has changed radically over the last two decades, as large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel once conducted operations from mining at one end of the process to shipping at the other have greatly downsized, or in some cases shut down altogether.
as large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel
as large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
with large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
while large, integrated companies, such as Bethlehem Steel, that
and large, integrated companies such as Bethlehem Steel
Option B is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Construction, Comparison.
A) Sentence fragment; Bethlehem steel once conducted….have greatly downsized.
B) Correct Answer
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “with”
D) Inappropriate usage of the word “while”
E) Sentence fragment. The conjunction “And” is unnecessary
- Sonya: The government of Copeland is raising the cigarette tax. Copeland’s cigarette prices will still…
- Aroca County’s public schools are supported primarily by taxes on the property. The county…
- A Swiss government panel recommended that the country sell about half its gold reserves and this…
- A recent review of pay scales indicates that CEO’s now earn an average of 419 times more pay than blue-collar workers, compared to a ratio of 42 times in 1980.
- That the application of new technology can increase the productivity of existing coal mines is demonstrated by the case of Tribnia’s coal industry. Coal output per miner in Tribnia is double what it was five years ago, even though no new mines have opened.