Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Following several years of declining advertising sales, the Greenville Times reorganized its advertising sales force two years ago. Before the reorganization, the sales force was organized geographically, with some sales representatives concentrating on city-center businesses and others concentrating on different outlying regions. The reorganization attempted to increase the sales representatives’ knowledge of clients’ businesses by having each sales representative deal with only one type of industry or of retailing. After the reorganization, advertising sales increased.
In assessing whether the improvement in advertising sales can properly be attributed to the reorganization, it would be helpful to find out each of the following EXCEPT:
Two years ago, what proportion of the Greenville Times’ total revenue was generated by advertising sales?
Has the circulation of the Greenville Times increased substantially in the last two years?
Has there been a substantial turnover in personnel in the advertising sales force over the last two years?
Before the reorganization, had sales representatives found it difficult to keep up with relevant developments in all types of businesses to which they are assigned?
Has the economy in Greenville and the surrounding regions been growing rapidly over the last two years?
Option A is the correct answer.
Question type: Evaluate the argument – EXCEPT.
Summary of the argument: The argument goes onto conclude that the sales increased after the re-organization of the salesforce industry wise rather than geography-wise.
A) Correct Answer
B) We are not worried about circulation. What the argument is worried about is sales.
C) The substantial number of personnel does not account to the re-organisation or the increase in sales.
D) Even if they found it difficult or they didn’t it doesn’t matter to the scope of the argument.
E) We are not worried about how rapidly the economy has developed.
- Birds known as honey guides exhibit a unique pattern of behavior: the bird leads another animal, such as a…
- A New York City ordinance of 1897 regulated the use of bicycles, mandated a maximum speed…
- Whales originated in the freshwater lakes and rivers of ancient Asia about sixty million years ago…
- In January 1994 an oil barge ran aground off the coast of San Juan, Puerto Rico, leaking its cargo…
- The 32 species that make up the dolphin family are closely related to whales and in fact include the animal known as the killer whale, which can grow to be 30 feet long and is famous for its aggressive hunting pods.