Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
All of the 540 people who attended an education convention were either teachers or administrators. There were twice as many females as males at the convention and 3 times as many teachers as administrators. If 1/3 of the administrators were males, how many of the females were teachers?
Option D is the correct answer.
Total = 540 people.
Twice as many females as males –> (Female) = 360 and (Males) = 180.
3 times as many teachers as administrators –> (Teachers) = 405 and (Administrators) = 135.
1/3 of the administrators were males –> (Male Administrators) = 135*1/3 = 45.
So, (Female Teachers) = 270.
- If x/y = 2/3 , then (x-y)/x =
- During an experiment, the temperature of a liquid was measured several times. The temperatures, in degree…
- If the positive number d is the standard deviation of n, k and p then the standard deviation of n+1, k+…
- A bookstore that sells used books sells each of its paperback books for a certain price and each of…
- A wholesaler bought 1,200 radios for $18 each. The wholesaler sold 60 percent of the radios for…