Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
All of the 540 people who attended an education convention were either teachers or administrators. There were twice as many females as males at the convention and 3 times as many teachers as administrators. If 1/3 of the administrators were males, how many of the females were teachers?
Option D is the correct answer.
Total = 540 people.
Twice as many females as males –> (Female) = 360 and (Males) = 180.
3 times as many teachers as administrators –> (Teachers) = 405 and (Administrators) = 135.
1/3 of the administrators were males –> (Male Administrators) = 135*1/3 = 45.
So, (Female Teachers) = 270.
- P, Q, R and S are points on the number line in that order. If the distance from P to S is 10, what is the…
- Larissa and Steve each drove the same distance from City X to City Y in separate cars. Did it take longer for…
- A certain machine produces 1,000 units of product P per hour. Working continuously at this constant rate…
- What is the value of 6^x*6^y ?
- If x ≠ – 1, then is equal to