Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
All of the 540 people who attended an education convention were either teachers or administrators. There were twice as many females as males at the convention and 3 times as many teachers as administrators. If 1/3 of the administrators were males, how many of the females were teachers?
Option D is the correct answer.
Total = 540 people.
Twice as many females as males –> (Female) = 360 and (Males) = 180.
3 times as many teachers as administrators –> (Teachers) = 405 and (Administrators) = 135.
1/3 of the administrators were males –> (Male Administrators) = 135*1/3 = 45.
So, (Female Teachers) = 270.
- The ratio of R to S is 3 to 5, what is the value of the ratio (R + K)/(S + K)?
- N and M are each 3-digit integers. Each of the numbers 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8 is a digit of either N…
- A train travelled from Station A to Station B at an average speed of 80 kilometres per hour and then…
- The logo of a certain corporation is in the shape of a polygon, where all angles of a the polygon have…
- A certain machine produces 1,000 units of product P per hour. Working continuously at this constant rate…