Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
For a certain art exhibit, a museum sold admission tickets to a group of 30 people every 5 minutes from 9:00 in the morning to 5:55 in the afternoon, inclusive. The price of a regular admission ticket was $10 and the price of a student ticket was $6. If on one day 3 times as many regular admission tickets were sold as student tickets, what was the total revenue from ticket sales that day?
Option E is the correct answer.
From 9:00 in the morning to 5:55 in the afternoon, inclusive there are 9*12=108 five-minute intervals, thus a total of 108*30 tickets were sold.
Say x student and 3x regular tickets were sold, then x+3x=108*30 –> x=27*30 and
Therefore, the total revenue from ticket sales that day was 27*30*6+27*90*10=$29,160.
- A certain machine produces 1,000 units of product P per hour. Working continuously at this constant rate…
- If (2^x) (2^y) = 8 and (9^x)(3^y) = 81, then (x,y) equals:
- If v = √(2(9.8))m/0.5j), m = 96, and j = 49,which of the following most closely approximates the value of v?
- If |x| > 3, which of the following must be true?
- If the positive number d is the standard deviation of n, k and p then the standard deviation of n+1, k+…