Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
For a certain art exhibit, a museum sold admission tickets to a group of 30 people every 5 minutes from 9:00 in the morning to 5:55 in the afternoon, inclusive. The price of a regular admission ticket was $10 and the price of a student ticket was $6. If on one day 3 times as many regular admission tickets were sold as student tickets, what was the total revenue from ticket sales that day?
Option E is the correct answer.
From 9:00 in the morning to 5:55 in the afternoon, inclusive there are 9*12=108 five-minute intervals, thus a total of 108*30 tickets were sold.
Say x student and 3x regular tickets were sold, then x+3x=108*30 –> x=27*30 and
Therefore, the total revenue from ticket sales that day was 27*30*6+27*90*10=$29,160.
- If v = √(2(9.8))m/0.5j), m = 96, and j = 49,which of the following most closely approximates the value of v?
- At the end of each year, the value of a certain antique watch is “c” percent more than its value one…
- If x ≠ – 1, then is equal to
- What is the value of expression x(x-2)^3 when x = -1?
- The outside of the rectangular box represented in the figure above is to be decorated by attaching pieces of…