Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
During an experiment, the temperature of a liquid was measured several times. The temperatures, in degree Celsius, listed in increasing order, are 21, 25, x, 40 and 50. If the arithmetic mean of these temperatures is equal to the median, what is the value of x?
Option A is the correct answer.
Given that Average = Median
Median is the middle most term in the ordered list
Average = total / number of things
(136+x)/5 = x
136+x = 5x
4x = 136
x = 34
- A certain group of car dealerships agreed to donate x dollars to a Red Cross Chapter for each car…
- What is the value of 6^x*6^y ?
- If each customer at the outdoor movie last night came in a car, what was the number of cars in which…
- If Sn is the sum of the first n terms of a certain sequence and if Sn = n(n+1) for all positive integers…
- If x/y = 2/3 , then (x-y)/x =