Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
During an experiment, the temperature of a liquid was measured several times. The temperatures, in degree Celsius, listed in increasing order, are 21, 25, x, 40 and 50. If the arithmetic mean of these temperatures is equal to the median, what is the value of x?
Option A is the correct answer.
Given that Average = Median
Median is the middle most term in the ordered list
Average = total / number of things
(136+x)/5 = x
136+x = 5x
4x = 136
x = 34
- Which of the following fractions has the greatest value?
- If m and n are integers and x > 0, what is the value of x^m+x^n?
- A farmer spent $35 on feed for chickens and goats. He spent 40% money on chicken feed, which he…
- If the average (arithmetic mean) of the assessed values of x houses is $212,000 and the average of the…
- The figure above shows a construction plan for the intersection of three straight roads, each having…