Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Many entomologists say that campaigns to eradicate the fire ant in the United States have failed because the chemicals that were used were effective only in wiping out the ant’s natural enemies, which made it easier for them to spread.
which made it easier for them
which makes it easier for it
thus making it easier for them
thus making it easier for the ant
thereby, it was made easier for the ant
Option D is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Modifier, Pronouns
A) Inappropriate usage of the “Which” modifier. Seems to refer to enemies.
B) Inappropriate usage of the “Which” modifier. Seems to refer to enemies.
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “them” (plural) which cannot refer to the ant (singular)
D) Correct Answer
E) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “it” as we do not know what it refers to.
- Radio stations with radio data system (RDS) technology broadcast special program information that…
- Aroca County’s public schools are supported primarily by taxes on the property. The county…
- Fossils of a whale that beached on an African shore more than a million years ago and…
- The Earth’s rivers constantly carry dissolved salts into its oceans. Clearly, therefore, by taking…
- A new machine for harvesting corn will allow rows to be planted only fifteen inches apart…