Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Many entomologists say that campaigns to eradicate the fire ant in the United States have failed because the chemicals that were used were effective only in wiping out the ant’s natural enemies, which made it easier for them to spread.
which made it easier for them
which makes it easier for it
thus making it easier for them
thus making it easier for the ant
thereby, it was made easier for the ant
Option D is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Modifier, Pronouns
A) Inappropriate usage of the “Which” modifier. Seems to refer to enemies.
B) Inappropriate usage of the “Which” modifier. Seems to refer to enemies.
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “them” (plural) which cannot refer to the ant (singular)
D) Correct Answer
E) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “it” as we do not know what it refers to.
- Studying the fruit fly, a household nuisance but a time-honored experimental subject, has enabled…
- Analyzing campaign expenditures, the media has had as a focus the high costs and low ethics of campaign…
- Sunflowers growing in pots were placed, with their roots submerged, in the pond contaminated with radioactive elements..
- In archaeology, there must be a balance between explanation of the value and workings of archaeology…
- In Teruvia, the quantity of rice produced per year is currently just large enough to satisfy domestic demand..