Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Many entomologists say that campaigns to eradicate the fire ant in the United States have failed because the chemicals that were used were effective only in wiping out the ant’s natural enemies, which made it easier for them to spread.
which made it easier for them
which makes it easier for it
thus making it easier for them
thus making it easier for the ant
thereby, it was made easier for the ant
Option D is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Modifier, Pronouns
A) Inappropriate usage of the “Which” modifier. Seems to refer to enemies.
B) Inappropriate usage of the “Which” modifier. Seems to refer to enemies.
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “them” (plural) which cannot refer to the ant (singular)
D) Correct Answer
E) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “it” as we do not know what it refers to.
- For the first time in the modern era, non-Hispanic Whites are officially a minority in California…
- TrueSave is a mail-order company that ships electronic products from its warehouses to…
- A new commercial radio station in Greenfield plans to play songs that were popular hits fifteen to…
- Editorial in Krenlandian Newspaper: Krenland’s steelmakers are losing domestic sales because of lower-priced imports..
- Healthy lungs produce a natural antibiotic that protects them from infection by routinely killing harmful bacteria on airway surfaces..