Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Many entomologists say that campaigns to eradicate the fire ant in the United States have failed because the chemicals that were used were effective only in wiping out the ant’s natural enemies, which made it easier for them to spread.
which made it easier for them
which makes it easier for it
thus making it easier for them
thus making it easier for the ant
thereby, it was made easier for the ant
Option D is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Modifier, Pronouns
A) Inappropriate usage of the “Which” modifier. Seems to refer to enemies.
B) Inappropriate usage of the “Which” modifier. Seems to refer to enemies.
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “them” (plural) which cannot refer to the ant (singular)
D) Correct Answer
E) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “it” as we do not know what it refers to.
- Electronic computer chips made of tiny silicon wafers now regularly contain millions of electronic…
- Not only did the systematic clearing of forests in the United States create farmland…
- In archaeology, there must be a balance between explanation of the value and workings of archaeology…
- Today’s technology allows manufacturers to make small cars more fuel-efficient now than at any time…
- The Earth’s rivers constantly carry dissolved salts into its oceans. Clearly, therefore, by taking…