Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Many entomologists say that campaigns to eradicate the fire ant in the United States have failed because the chemicals that were used were effective only in wiping out the ant’s natural enemies, which made it easier for them to spread.
which made it easier for them
which makes it easier for it
thus making it easier for them
thus making it easier for the ant
thereby, it was made easier for the ant
Option D is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Modifier, Pronouns
A) Inappropriate usage of the “Which” modifier. Seems to refer to enemies.
B) Inappropriate usage of the “Which” modifier. Seems to refer to enemies.
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “them” (plural) which cannot refer to the ant (singular)
D) Correct Answer
E) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “it” as we do not know what it refers to.
- The first commercially successful drama to depict Black family life sympathetically and the first play by a Black woman to be…
- Appendicitis (inflammation of the appendix) is potentially fatal; consequently, patients with symptoms strongly suggesting appendicitis almost have their…
- Soaring television costs accounted for more than half the spending in the presidential campaign of 1992, a greater proportion than it was in any previous election.
- TrueSave is a mail-order company that ships electronic products from its warehouses to…
- The town of Enderton is located in an area where forest fires are quite common. During dry periods and periods of persistent winds…