Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If 0 < x < 2, which of the following must be greatest?
x + 2
Option D is the correct answer.
Plugging In for MUST-BE type Questions:
x = 1
A. x = 1
B. x^2 = 1^2 = 1
C. 2x = 2(1) = 2
D. x + 2 = 1 + 2 = 3 So this is the greatest. So eliminate all other answer choices.
E. 2^x = 2^1 = 2
- A string of 10 light bulbs is wired in such a way that if any individual light bulb fails, the entire string…
- If Henry were to add 5 gallons of water to a tank that is already 3/4 full of water, the tank would…
- Of the 3,600 employees of Company X, 1/3 are clerical. If the clerical staff were to be reduced…
- If each customer at the outdoor movie last night came in a car, what was the number of cars in which…
- Maria can either buy a basket that contains P pounds of apples for $16.50 or buy p pounds of apples…