Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If 0 < x < 2, which of the following must be greatest?
x + 2
Option D is the correct answer.
Plugging In for MUST-BE type Questions:
x = 1
A. x = 1
B. x^2 = 1^2 = 1
C. 2x = 2(1) = 2
D. x + 2 = 1 + 2 = 3 So this is the greatest. So eliminate all other answer choices.
E. 2^x = 2^1 = 2
- Points P, R, M and S lie on the number line shown. The coordinate of R is 0. The distance between…
- Which of the following is an integer?
- Maria can either buy a basket that contains P pounds of apples for $16.50 or buy p pounds of apples…
- Which of the following is equivalent to ((a+b)/2)+ ((a-b)/3)?
- If a, b, x and y are positive integers, is a^(-x) > b^(-y) ?