Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If 0 < x < 2, which of the following must be greatest?
x + 2
Option D is the correct answer.
Plugging In for MUST-BE type Questions:
x = 1
A. x = 1
B. x^2 = 1^2 = 1
C. 2x = 2(1) = 2
D. x + 2 = 1 + 2 = 3 So this is the greatest. So eliminate all other answer choices.
E. 2^x = 2^1 = 2
- Color X ink is created by blending red, blue, green and yellow inks in the ratio 6:5:2:2. What is the number…
- A certain cake has two layers with pieces of fruit on top of each layer. Of all the pieces of fruit on…
- If r is an integer, what is the value of 3^(2r)/ 27^(r-1)?
- Which of the following fractions has the greatest value?
- Each vote in a certain election went to one of the two candidates, x or y. Candidate X received 624 votes…