Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If 0 < x < 2, which of the following must be greatest?
x + 2
Option D is the correct answer.
Plugging In for MUST-BE type Questions:
x = 1
A. x = 1
B. x^2 = 1^2 = 1
C. 2x = 2(1) = 2
D. x + 2 = 1 + 2 = 3 So this is the greatest. So eliminate all other answer choices.
E. 2^x = 2^1 = 2
- If each customer at the outdoor movie last night came in a car, what was the number of cars in which…
- A certain computer program generates a sequence of numbers a1, a2, … , an such that a1 = a2 = 1…
- If Henry were to add 5 gallons of water to a tank that is already 3/4 full of water, the tank would…
- A train travelled from Station A to Station B at an average speed of 80 kilometres per hour and then…
- The logo of a certain corporation is in the shape of a polygon, where all angles of a the polygon have…