Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If a town of 25,000 people is growing at a rate of approximately 1 percent per year, the population of the town in 5 years will be closest to
Option A is the correct answer.
Given that 25,000 people are there and they increasing at the rate of 0.01
We need to find:
25000(1.01)^5 = 25000(1+0.01)^5
If x is tiny, (1+x)^y is approximately 1+xy (1+0.01)^5
= 1.05 25000(1.05)
- In the figure above, what is the length of segment PQ ?
- If each customer at the outdoor movie last night came in a car, what was the number of cars in which…
- At a certain committee meeting only associate professors and assistant professors are present…
- The figure above shows a construction plan for the intersection of three straight roads, each having…
- A wholesaler bought 1,200 radios for $18 each. The wholesaler sold 60 percent of the radios for…