Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If a town of 25,000 people is growing at a rate of approximately 1 percent per year, the population of the town in 5 years will be closest to
Option A is the correct answer.
Given that 25,000 people are there and they increasing at the rate of 0.01
We need to find:
25000(1.01)^5 = 25000(1+0.01)^5
If x is tiny, (1+x)^y is approximately 1+xy (1+0.01)^5
= 1.05 25000(1.05)
- For a certain art exhibit, a museum sold admission tickets to a group of 30 people every 5 minutes from 9:00 in…
- If m, x, and y are positive integers, what is the value of x – y?
- In the triangle above, is x > 90?
- If T is a list of consecutive integers in increasing order, what is the sum of integers in T?
- What is the value of expression x(x-2)^3 when x = -1?