Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If x/y = 2/3 , then (x-y)/x =
Option A is the correct answer.
Given x/y = 2/3 and so y/x = 3/2
(x-y)/x, this can be rewritten as,
(x-y)/x = 1 – (y/x)
= 1 – 3/2 = -1/2
- A farmer who grows strawberries defines a “workday yield” as the number of litres of strawberries that…
- A bookstore that sells used books sells each of its paperback books for a certain price and each of…
- The logo of a certain corporation is in the shape of a polygon, where all angles of a the polygon have…
- If m and n are integers and x > 0, what is the value of x^m+x^n?
- Each vote in a certain election went to one of the two candidates, x or y. Candidate X received 624 votes…