Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If x ≠ – 1, then is equal to
Option D is the correct answer.
We can use a2 – b 2 = (a+b)(a-b)
So in the given expression, only (1-x) is left in the numerator all the other will get cancel with denominator.
- A certain cake has two layers with pieces of fruit on top of each layer. Of all the pieces of fruit on…
- A certain store sells small, medium, and large toy trucks in each of the colors red, blue, green, and yellow…
- If both x and y are nonzero numbers, what is the value of y/x?
- If a, b, c are three numbers on the number line shown above, is c between a and b.
- In the triangle above, is x > 90?