Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If x ≠ – 1, then is equal to
Option D is the correct answer.
We can use a2 – b 2 = (a+b)(a-b)
So in the given expression, only (1-x) is left in the numerator all the other will get cancel with denominator.
- A train travelled from Station A to Station B at an average speed of 80 kilometres per hour and then…
- If (2^x) (2^y) = 8 and (9^x)(3^y) = 81, then (x,y) equals:
- If two copying machines work simultaneously at their respective constant rates, how many copies do…
- A circular mat with diameter 20 inches is placed on a square tabletop, each of whose sides is…
- Sally gave some of her candy to her friends. How many pieces of candy did she have before giving…