Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Some scientists contend that many species of dinosaur had a metabolism more like a warm-blooded mammal’s than a cold-blooded reptile’s.
that many species of dinosaur had a metabolism more like
that the metabolism of many dinosaur species were more like
that the metabolisms of many species of dinosaurs were more like those of
there were many species of dinosaurs that had metabolisms more like those of
there were many dinosaur species that had a metabolism more like that of
Option A is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Idioms, Comparisons
A) Correct Answer
B) Incorrect usage of the verb “Were” for metabolism.
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “those”
D) Incorrect idiom; “Contend that” is right.
E) Same as D.
- Most of the purported health benefits of tea comes from antioxidants— compounds also found…
- At an orientation meeting, the travelers were told that a visa, a landing card, and evidence of inoculation…
- Only seven people this century have been killed by the great white shark, the man-eater of the movies—less than those killed…
- Many entomologists say that campaigns to eradicate the fire ant in the United States have failed because the chemicals that…
- That the application of new technology can increase the productivity of existing coal mines is demonstrated by the case of Tribnia’s coal industry. Coal output per miner in Tribnia is double what it was five years ago, even though no new mines have opened.