Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Some scientists contend that many species of dinosaur had a metabolism more like a warm-blooded mammal’s than a cold-blooded reptile’s.
that many species of dinosaur had a metabolism more like
that the metabolism of many dinosaur species were more like
that the metabolisms of many species of dinosaurs were more like those of
there were many species of dinosaurs that had metabolisms more like those of
there were many dinosaur species that had a metabolism more like that of
Option A is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Idioms, Comparisons
A) Correct Answer
B) Incorrect usage of the verb “Were” for metabolism.
C) Inappropriate usage of the word “those”
D) Incorrect idiom; “Contend that” is right.
E) Same as D.
- When drive-ins were at the height of their popularity in the late 1950’s, some 4,000 existed in…
- Economist: On average, the emergency treatment for an elderly person for injuries resulting from…
- A new machine for harvesting corn will allow rows to be planted only fifteen inches apart…
- Tourists have long complained that hotel accommodations in Midville are too expensive. Starting last year, the city council, hoping to attract…
- The first commercially successful drama to depict Black family life sympathetically and the first play by a Black woman to be…