Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If the sum of the consecutive integers from –42 to n inclusive is 372, what is the value of n?
Option D is the correct answer.
Number of terms =42+1+n=(n+43)
To find the sum = Formula = (n/2)(a+l), where n is the number of terms and ‘a’ and ‘l’ is the first term and last term.
42 terms after zero and 42 terms below zero will total 0. So, our new question will be consecutive integers with first term 43 have sum 372, what is the last term: ((43+n)/2)∗(n−43+1)=372 (n+43)∗(n−42)=744 n=50
- Each signal that a certain ship can make is comprised of 3 different flags hanging vertically in a…
- If Henry were to add 5 gallons of water to a tank that is already 3/4 full of water, the tank would…
- The figure above represents a rectangular garden bordered by a walk away that has a uniform width…
- At the end of each year, the value of a certain antique watch is “c” percent more than its value one…
- A certain store sells small, medium, and large toy trucks in each of the colors red, blue, green, and yellow…