Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Which of the following most logically completes the passage?
For the past several years, a certain technology has been widely used to transmit data among networked computers. Recently two data transmission companies, Aptron and Gammatech, have each developed separate systems that allow network data transmission at rates ten times faster than the current technology allows. Although the systems are similarly priced and are equally easy to use, Aptron’s product is likely to dominate the market, because
Gammatech has been in the business of designing data transmission systems for several years more than Aptron has
the number of small businesses that need computer networking systems is likely to double over the next few years
it is much more likely that Gammatech’s system will be expandable to meet future needs
unlike many data transmission companies, Aptron and Gammatech develop computers in addition to data transmission systems
it is easier for users of the current data transmission technology to switch to Aptron’s product than to Gammatech’s
Option E is the correct answer.
Question type : Inference based question.
Summary of the argument: The argument says that Aptron’s market will be higher despite a very similar competitor named Gammatech.
A) This option doesn’t tell why Aptron’s market will increase.
B) This talks about markets in general and not about Gammatech or Aptron alone.
C) This talks about Gammatech’s market. We need the Option to talk about Aptron’s market.
D) Same as B.
E) Correct Answer
- Most of the purported health benefits of tea comes from antioxidants— compounds also found…
- The quality of unrefined olive oil is not actually defined in terms of acidity, yet extensive tests..
- People with a certain eye disorder are virtually unable to see in moderately bright light, which seems to them unbearably intense since..
- Whales originated in the freshwater lakes and rivers of ancient Asia about sixty million years ago…
- For the first time in the modern era, non-Hispanic Whites are officially a minority in California…