Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
From 1980 to 1989, total consumption of fish in the country of Jurania increased by 4.5 percent, and total consumption of poultry products there increased by 9.0 percent. During the same period, the population of Jurania increased by 6 percent, in part due to immigration to Jurania from other countries in the region.
If the statements above are true, which of the following must also be true on the basis of them?
During the 1980s in Jurania, profits of wholesale distributors of poultry products increased at a greater rate than did profits of wholesale distributors of fish.
For people who immigrated to Jurania during the 1980’s, fish was less likely to be a major part of their diet than was poultry.
In 1989 Juranians consumed twice as much poultry as fish.
For a significant proportion of Jurania’s population, both fish and poultry products were a regular part of their diet during the 1980s.
Per capita consumption of fish in Jurania was lower in 1989 than in 1980.
Option E is the right answer.
Question type: Inference based question
Summary of the argument: Since this is an inference question we will need to go to the argument to find out something that is 100% true based on the information given to us.
A) No information to calculate the profits.
B) We do not know the information about the diet of the people of Jurania.
C) No information about consumption.
D)We do not know the information about the diet of the people of Jurania.
E) Correct Answer
- A recent poll found that over 80 percent of the residents of Nalmed Province favored a massive expansion…
- Unearthed in China, fossils of feathered dinosaurs offer the most dramatic evidence yet discovered…
- Turning away from literary realism to write romantic stories about the peasant life and landscape…
- In Berinia, the age at which people could begin to drink alcohol legally used to be 18. In 1990, in an attempt to reduce alcohol…
- Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are…