Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
What is the circumference of circular region R?
I. The area of R is 36 pi.
II. The area of a square region inscribed in R is 72.
Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data specific to the problem are needed.
Option D is the correct answer.
We need to find circumference=2*pi*R or We need to find “R”
Statement I is sufficient: Area=pi*R*R=36pi…… so you can find R. So sufficient.
Statement II is sufficient: Area of square region in circle=72. So sufficient.
Diagonal of square will be diameter because angle drawn from 2 end-points of a diameter make 90 degrees angle on the circle. Since diagonal of square=2R. We can find side of square and hence area of square in terms of R. That means you can find R. So sufficient.
- What is the value of expression x(x-2)^3 when x = -1?
- If x is a nonzero number, which of the three numbers x, 1/x and x^2 is greatest?
- The integers q,r,s,t and u are positive. If t >q , u > r, s >t, and r > s, what is the median of the five integers?
- A wholesaler bought 1,200 radios for $18 each. The wholesaler sold 60 percent of the radios for…
- A train travelled from Station A to Station B at an average speed of 80 kilometres per hour and then…