Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
What is the circumference of circular region R?
I. The area of R is 36 pi.
II. The area of a square region inscribed in R is 72.
Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data specific to the problem are needed.
Option D is the correct answer.
We need to find circumference=2*pi*R or We need to find “R”
Statement I is sufficient: Area=pi*R*R=36pi…… so you can find R. So sufficient.
Statement II is sufficient: Area of square region in circle=72. So sufficient.
Diagonal of square will be diameter because angle drawn from 2 end-points of a diameter make 90 degrees angle on the circle. Since diagonal of square=2R. We can find side of square and hence area of square in terms of R. That means you can find R. So sufficient.
- If x^2 = y^2, is true that x>0?
- In the triangle above, is x > 90?
- To raise funds, a racing team sold T-shirts imprinted with the team’s logo. The team paid their supplier a…
- If two copying machines work simultaneously at their respective constant rates, how many copies do…
- All of the 540 people who attended an education convention were either teachers or administrators. There…