Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Currently 26 billion barrels a year, world consumption of oil is rising at a rate of 2 percent annually.
world consumption of oil is rising at a rate of
the world is consuming oil at an increasing rate of
the world’s oil is being consumed at the increasing rate of
the rise in the rate of the world’s oil consumption is
oil is consumed by the world at an increasing rate of
Option A is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Modifiers
A) Correct Answer
B) The world is not 26 billion barrels.
C) The world’s oil is not 26 billion barrels; Misplaced modifiers.
D) The rise is not 26 billion barrels; Misplaced modifier.
E) Oil is not 26 billion barrels; Misplaced modifier.
- TrueSave is a mail-order company that ships electronic products from its warehouses to…
- In California today, Hispanics under the age of eighteen account for more than 43 percent, compared with a decade ago, when it…
- The fact of some fraternal twins resembling each other greatly and others looking quite dissimilar highlights an interesting and often…
- As the honeybee ’s stinger is heavily barbed, staying where it is inserted, this results in the act of stinging…
- In archaeology, there must be a balance between explanation of the value and workings of archaeology…