Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Currently 26 billion barrels a year, world consumption of oil is rising at a rate of 2 percent annually.
world consumption of oil is rising at a rate of
the world is consuming oil at an increasing rate of
the world’s oil is being consumed at the increasing rate of
the rise in the rate of the world’s oil consumption is
oil is consumed by the world at an increasing rate of
Option A is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Modifiers
A) Correct Answer
B) The world is not 26 billion barrels.
C) The world’s oil is not 26 billion barrels; Misplaced modifiers.
D) The rise is not 26 billion barrels; Misplaced modifier.
E) Oil is not 26 billion barrels; Misplaced modifier.
- During her presidency of the short-lived Woman’s State Temperance Society (1852-1853)..
- After more than four decades of research and development, a new type of jet engine is being tested that…
- In Berinia, the age at which people could begin to drink alcohol legally used to be 18. In 1990, in an attempt to reduce alcohol…
- From 1980 to 1989, total consumption of fish in the country of Jurania increased by 4.5 percent, and total consumption of poultry products there increased by 9.0 percent..
- The 32 species that make up the dolphin family are closely related to whales and in fact include the animal known as the killer whale, which can grow to be 30 feet long and is famous for its aggressive hunting pods.