Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Currently 26 billion barrels a year, world consumption of oil is rising at a rate of 2 percent annually.
world consumption of oil is rising at a rate of
the world is consuming oil at an increasing rate of
the world’s oil is being consumed at the increasing rate of
the rise in the rate of the world’s oil consumption is
oil is consumed by the world at an increasing rate of
Option A is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Modifiers
A) Correct Answer
B) The world is not 26 billion barrels.
C) The world’s oil is not 26 billion barrels; Misplaced modifiers.
D) The rise is not 26 billion barrels; Misplaced modifier.
E) Oil is not 26 billion barrels; Misplaced modifier.
- Mel: The official salary for judges has always been too low to attract the best Candidates to the job. The legislature’s move to raise…
- Unlike the short flights of the shuttle and earlier spacecraft, which carried sufficient power in fuel cells and…
- The violent crime rate (number of violent crimes per 1,000 residents) in Meadowbrook is 60 percent higher now than it was four years ago….
- In an effort to reduce the number of fires started by cigarettes, a major tobacco company is test- marketing a…
- A Swiss government panel recommended that the country sell about half its gold reserves and this…