Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Currently 26 billion barrels a year, world consumption of oil is rising at a rate of 2 percent annually.
world consumption of oil is rising at a rate of
the world is consuming oil at an increasing rate of
the world’s oil is being consumed at the increasing rate of
the rise in the rate of the world’s oil consumption is
oil is consumed by the world at an increasing rate of
Option A is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Modifiers
A) Correct Answer
B) The world is not 26 billion barrels.
C) The world’s oil is not 26 billion barrels; Misplaced modifiers.
D) The rise is not 26 billion barrels; Misplaced modifier.
E) Oil is not 26 billion barrels; Misplaced modifier.
- That the application of new technology can increase the productivity of existing coal mines is demonstrated by the case of Tribnia’s coal industry. Coal output per miner in Tribnia is double what it was five years ago, even though no new mines have opened.
- Three large companies and seven small companies currently manufacture a product with potential military applications..
- There are no legal limits, as there are for cod and haddock, on the size of monkfish that can…
- People who have spent a lot of time in contact with animals often develop animal-induced allergies, some of them quite serious…
- Humans have been damaging the environment for centuries by overcutting trees and farming too intensively…