Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Of the 500 business people surveyed, 78 percent said that they use their laptop computers at home, 65 percent said that they use them in hotels, and 52 percent said that they use them both at home and in hotels. How many of the business people surveyed said that they do not use their laptop computers either at home or in hotels?
Option A is the correct answer.
For these mutually exclusive set type questions- Use the table method to solve:
So no hotel and home is 45.
- A certain computer program generates a sequence of numbers a1, a2, … , an such that a1 = a2 = 1…
- At the end of each year, the value of a certain antique watch is “c” percent more than its value one…
- Color X ink is created by blending red, blue, green and yellow inks in the ratio 6:5:2:2. What is the number…
- If T is a list of consecutive integers in increasing order, what is the sum of integers in T?
- If a, b, c are three numbers on the number line shown above, is c between a and b.