Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
When the even integer n is divided by 9, the remainder is 8. Which of the following, when added to n, gives a number that is divisible by 18?
Option D is the correct answer.
Given that n=9q+8 and n is even –> n could be 8, 26, 44, …
What number from answer choices when added to 8 (for example) yields a multiple of 18?
Only option 10.
- A grocery store purchased crates of 40 oranges each for $5.00 per crate and then sold each orange for $0.20. What was the store’s gross profit on each crate of oranges?
- At the end of each year, the value of a certain antique watch is “c” percent more than its value one…
- What is the value of expression x(x-2)^3 when x = -1?
- Which of the following is an integer?
- Which of the following fractions has the greatest value?