Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The logo of a certain corporation is in the shape of a polygon, where all angles of a the polygon have equal measures. In the above figure V is one vertex of the polygon. If Y in degrees is the measure of an angle of the polygon and y=5x how many sides does the polygon have?
Option D is the correct answer.
From the figure,
x + y = 180
6*x = 180
x = 30, y = 150
Let number of sides be “n”, hence number of interior angles is also “n”
Sum of all interior angles = 150*n
Formula for sum of interior angles
= 180*(n-2) 180*(n-2) = 150*n
30*n = 360
n = 360/30 = 12
- If the sum of the consecutive integers from –42 to n inclusive is 372, what is the value of n?
- If x/y = 2/3 , then (x-y)/x =
- If snow accumulation increased at a constant rate of 30 millimeters per hour during a certain…
- Relative to a group of other airlines, and airline’s degree of competition, c. for daily flights from City X to Destination Y…
- A farmer who grows strawberries defines a “workday yield” as the number of litres of strawberries that…