Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The logo of a certain corporation is in the shape of a polygon, where all angles of a the polygon have equal measures. In the above figure V is one vertex of the polygon. If Y in degrees is the measure of an angle of the polygon and y=5x how many sides does the polygon have?
Option D is the correct answer.
From the figure,
x + y = 180
6*x = 180
x = 30, y = 150
Let number of sides be “n”, hence number of interior angles is also “n”
Sum of all interior angles = 150*n
Formula for sum of interior angles
= 180*(n-2) 180*(n-2) = 150*n
30*n = 360
n = 360/30 = 12
- A farmer who grows strawberries defines a “workday yield” as the number of litres of strawberries that…
- If a town of 25,000 people is growing at a rate of approximately 1 percent per year, the population of the…
- Sally gave some of her candy to her friends. How many pieces of candy did she have before giving…
- Of the 500 business people surveyed, 78 percent said that they use their laptop computers at home…
- A grocery store purchased crates of 40 oranges each for $5.00 per crate and then sold each orange for $0.20. What was the store’s gross profit on each crate of oranges?