Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
What is the value of expression x(x-2)^3 when x = -1?
Option E is the correct answer.
Just substitute x = -1 in the above expression
-1(-3)^3 = 27 (Negative raised to the odd power is always negative).
- If m and n are integers and x > 0, what is the value of x^m+x^n?
- N and M are each 3-digit integers. Each of the numbers 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8 is a digit of either N…
- If Henry were to add 5 gallons of water to a tank that is already 3/4 full of water, the tank would…
- A circular mat with diameter 20 inches is placed on a square tabletop, each of whose sides is…
- A wholesaler bought 1,200 radios for $18 each. The wholesaler sold 60 percent of the radios for…