Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Company X has 50 employees and Company Y has 60 employees. Both companies have the same number of full-time employees, but Company Y has 3 more than twice the number of part time employees that Company X has. How many part time employees does company Y have?
Option D is the correct answer.
Let P1 and P2 be the part time employees of the company of X and Y.
Let F1 and F2 be the full time employees of the company of X and Y.
Given F1 = F2
P2 = 2P1 + 3
So, P1 + F1 = 50 (from Equation 1)
P2 + F2 = 60
2P1 + 3+ F2 = 60
2P1 + F1 = 57 (from Equation 2)
P1 = 7
So P2 = 17
- A farmer who grows strawberries defines a “workday yield” as the number of litres of strawberries that…
- The outside of the rectangular box represented in the figure above is to be decorated by attaching pieces of…
- If x ≠ – 1, then is equal to
- If m and n are integers and x > 0, what is the value of x^m+x^n?
- The integers q,r,s,t and u are positive. If t >q , u > r, s >t, and r > s, what is the median of the five integers?