Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Company X has 50 employees and Company Y has 60 employees. Both companies have the same number of full-time employees, but Company Y has 3 more than twice the number of part time employees that Company X has. How many part time employees does company Y have?
Option D is the correct answer.
Let P1 and P2 be the part time employees of the company of X and Y.
Let F1 and F2 be the full time employees of the company of X and Y.
Given F1 = F2
P2 = 2P1 + 3
So, P1 + F1 = 50 (from Equation 1)
P2 + F2 = 60
2P1 + 3+ F2 = 60
2P1 + F1 = 57 (from Equation 2)
P1 = 7
So P2 = 17
- A certain farmer pays $30 per acre per month to rent farmland. How much does the farmer pay per month to rent a rectangular plot of farmland that is 360 feet by 605 feet? (43560 square feet = 1 acre)
- The figure above represents a rectangular garden bordered by a walk away that has a uniform width…
- If x/y = 2/3 , then (x-y)/x =
- Which of the following is equivalent to ((a+b)/2)+ ((a-b)/3)?
- Points P, R, M and S lie on the number line shown. The coordinate of R is 0. The distance between…