Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Company X has 50 employees and Company Y has 60 employees. Both companies have the same number of full-time employees, but Company Y has 3 more than twice the number of part time employees that Company X has. How many part time employees does company Y have?
Option D is the correct answer.
Let P1 and P2 be the part time employees of the company of X and Y.
Let F1 and F2 be the full time employees of the company of X and Y.
Given F1 = F2
P2 = 2P1 + 3
So, P1 + F1 = 50 (from Equation 1)
P2 + F2 = 60
2P1 + 3+ F2 = 60
2P1 + F1 = 57 (from Equation 2)
P1 = 7
So P2 = 17
- Relative to a group of other airlines, and airline’s degree of competition, c. for daily flights from City X to Destination Y…
- At a certain committee meeting only associate professors and assistant professors are present…
- If r is an integer, what is the value of 3^(2r)/ 27^(r-1)?
- If T is a list of consecutive integers in increasing order, what is the sum of integers in T?
- The outside of the rectangular box represented in the figure above is to be decorated by attaching pieces of…