Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Company X has 50 employees and Company Y has 60 employees. Both companies have the same number of full-time employees, but Company Y has 3 more than twice the number of part time employees that Company X has. How many part time employees does company Y have?
Option D is the correct answer.
Let P1 and P2 be the part time employees of the company of X and Y.
Let F1 and F2 be the full time employees of the company of X and Y.
Given F1 = F2
P2 = 2P1 + 3
So, P1 + F1 = 50 (from Equation 1)
P2 + F2 = 60
2P1 + 3+ F2 = 60
2P1 + F1 = 57 (from Equation 2)
P1 = 7
So P2 = 17
- If k is negative, which of the following must also be negative?
- How many positive three-digit integers are divisible by both 3 and 4?
- Which of the following is an integer?
- The logo of a certain corporation is in the shape of a polygon, where all angles of a the polygon have…
- A wholesaler bought 1,200 radios for $18 each. The wholesaler sold 60 percent of the radios for…