Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Ann, Carol, and Judy paid a total of $45 for their dinner at a restaurant. If Ann paid 2/5 of the total amount, Carol paid $17, and Judy paid the rest, what fraction of the total amount did Judy pay?
Option A is the correct answer.
Let the amount paid by Ann, Carol and Judy be x, y and z respectively
Given x+y+z = 45
x = 2/5th (45) = 18
z = 17
y = 10
So, Judy paid = 10 / 45 = 2/9
- If x ≠ – 1, then is equal to
- Company X has 50 employees and Company Y has 60 employees. Both companies have the…
- If set B is a subset of Set A, how many elements are in set A?
- The median length of the 13 logs in shipment x was 84 inches, and the median length of the 21 logs in shipment…
- In the triangle above, is x > 90?