Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Ann, Carol, and Judy paid a total of $45 for their dinner at a restaurant. If Ann paid 2/5 of the total amount, Carol paid $17, and Judy paid the rest, what fraction of the total amount did Judy pay?
Option A is the correct answer.
Let the amount paid by Ann, Carol and Judy be x, y and z respectively
Given x+y+z = 45
x = 2/5th (45) = 18
z = 17
y = 10
So, Judy paid = 10 / 45 = 2/9
- Sally gave some of her candy to her friends. How many pieces of candy did she have before giving…
- If x^2 = y^2, is true that x>0?
- In the xy-plane, does the line L intersect the graph of y = x^2
- The figure above represents a rectangular garden bordered by a walk away that has a uniform width…
- A grocery store purchased crates of 40 oranges each for $5.00 per crate and then sold each orange for $0.20. What was the store’s gross profit on each crate of oranges?