Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Ann, Carol, and Judy paid a total of $45 for their dinner at a restaurant. If Ann paid 2/5 of the total amount, Carol paid $17, and Judy paid the rest, what fraction of the total amount did Judy pay?
Option A is the correct answer.
Let the amount paid by Ann, Carol and Judy be x, y and z respectively
Given x+y+z = 45
x = 2/5th (45) = 18
z = 17
y = 10
So, Judy paid = 10 / 45 = 2/9
- For a certain art exhibit, a museum sold admission tickets to a group of 30 people every 5 minutes from 9:00 in…
- If x is a nonzero number, which of the three numbers x, 1/x and x^2 is greatest?
- Larissa and Steve each drove the same distance from City X to City Y in separate cars. Did it take longer for…
- Each of 90 students participated at least 1 of the track tryouts: High jump, long jump, 100 meter dash. If 20…
- The median length of the 13 logs in shipment x was 84 inches, and the median length of the 21 logs in shipment…