Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Ann, Carol, and Judy paid a total of $45 for their dinner at a restaurant. If Ann paid 2/5 of the total amount, Carol paid $17, and Judy paid the rest, what fraction of the total amount did Judy pay?
Option A is the correct answer.
Let the amount paid by Ann, Carol and Judy be x, y and z respectively
Given x+y+z = 45
x = 2/5th (45) = 18
z = 17
y = 10
So, Judy paid = 10 / 45 = 2/9
- 6.2 is what percent of 1000?
- At a certain committee meeting only associate professors and assistant professors are present…
- Color X ink is created by blending red, blue, green and yellow inks in the ratio 6:5:2:2. What is the number…
- What is the value of 6^x*6^y ?
- If a town of 25,000 people is growing at a rate of approximately 1 percent per year, the population of the…