Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Each signal that a certain ship can make is comprised of 3 different flags hanging vertically in a particular order. How many unique signals can be made by using 4 different flags?
Option D is the correct answer.
A signal can be made using 3 flags.
We have total of 4 , so 3 can be chosen out of 4 in 4C3 = 4C1 = 4 ways
The three flags can be arranged in 3 ! ways to make a unique combination.
Hence 4 * 3! = 24 ways.
- 6.2 is what percent of 1000?
- A certain farmer pays $30 per acre per month to rent farmland. How much does the farmer pay per month to rent a rectangular plot of farmland that is 360 feet by 605 feet? (43560 square feet = 1 acre)
- Is the product of a positive integer and a negative integer is less than -10 ?
- Company X has 50 employees and Company Y has 60 employees. Both companies have the…
- Each vote in a certain election went to one of the two candidates, x or y. Candidate X received 624 votes…