Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Each signal that a certain ship can make is comprised of 3 different flags hanging vertically in a particular order. How many unique signals can be made by using 4 different flags?
Option D is the correct answer.
A signal can be made using 3 flags.
We have total of 4 , so 3 can be chosen out of 4 in 4C3 = 4C1 = 4 ways
The three flags can be arranged in 3 ! ways to make a unique combination.
Hence 4 * 3! = 24 ways.
- A bookstore that sells used books sells each of its paperback books for a certain price and each of…
- The total amount that John paid at a certain restaurant consisted of the price of the meal, the tax…
- If two copying machines work simultaneously at their respective constant rates, how many copies do…
- In the xy-plane, does the line L intersect the graph of y = x^2
- Color X ink is created by blending red, blue, green and yellow inks in the ratio 6:5:2:2. What is the number…