Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Each signal that a certain ship can make is comprised of 3 different flags hanging vertically in a particular order. How many unique signals can be made by using 4 different flags?
Option D is the correct answer.
A signal can be made using 3 flags.
We have total of 4 , so 3 can be chosen out of 4 in 4C3 = 4C1 = 4 ways
The three flags can be arranged in 3 ! ways to make a unique combination.
Hence 4 * 3! = 24 ways.
- All of the 540 people who attended an education convention were either teachers or administrators. There…
- The median length of the 13 logs in shipment x was 84 inches, and the median length of the 21 logs in shipment…
- A circular mat with diameter 20 inches is placed on a square tabletop, each of whose sides is…
- How many positive three-digit integers are divisible by both 3 and 4?
- A total of 800 students were asked whether they found two subjects, M and R, interesting. Each answer…