Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Each signal that a certain ship can make is comprised of 3 different flags hanging vertically in a particular order. How many unique signals can be made by using 4 different flags?
Option D is the correct answer.
A signal can be made using 3 flags.
We have total of 4 , so 3 can be chosen out of 4 in 4C3 = 4C1 = 4 ways
The three flags can be arranged in 3 ! ways to make a unique combination.
Hence 4 * 3! = 24 ways.
- A circular mat with diameter 20 inches is placed on a square tabletop, each of whose sides is…
- If T is a list of consecutive integers in increasing order, what is the sum of integers in T?
- If set B is a subset of Set A, how many elements are in set A?
- (1+0.0001)/(0.04+10) The value of the expression above is closest to which of the following?
- Each of 90 students participated at least 1 of the track tryouts: High jump, long jump, 100 meter dash. If 20…