Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A grocery store purchased crates of 40 oranges each for $5.00 per crate and then sold each orange for $0.20. What was the store’s gross profit on each crate of oranges?
Option A is the right answer.
40 oranges for $5, which makes each orange cost $0.125 (5/40).
Then the store sold each orange for $0.2, so the profits for each orange is 0.2-0.125 = $0.075.
Because there are 40 oranges
40 X 0.075 = $3.
So, the answer is A.
- A bookstore that sells used books sells each of its paperback books for a certain price and each of…
- If snow accumulation increased at a constant rate of 30 millimeters per hour during a certain…
- If the positive number d is the standard deviation of n, k and p then the standard deviation of n+1, k+…
- If a, b, c are three numbers on the number line shown above, is c between a and b.
- If v = √(2(9.8))m/0.5j), m = 96, and j = 49,which of the following most closely approximates the value of v?