Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A grocery store purchased crates of 40 oranges each for $5.00 per crate and then sold each orange for $0.20. What was the store’s gross profit on each crate of oranges?
Option A is the right answer.
40 oranges for $5, which makes each orange cost $0.125 (5/40).
Then the store sold each orange for $0.2, so the profits for each orange is 0.2-0.125 = $0.075.
Because there are 40 oranges
40 X 0.075 = $3.
So, the answer is A.
- Kay began a certain game with x chips. On each of the next two plays, she lost one more than half…
- If |x| > 3, which of the following must be true?
- Is the product of a positive integer and a negative integer is less than -10 ?
- If a, b, c are three numbers on the number line shown above, is c between a and b.
- Maria can either buy a basket that contains P pounds of apples for $16.50 or buy p pounds of apples…