Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A grocery store purchased crates of 40 oranges each for $5.00 per crate and then sold each orange for $0.20. What was the store’s gross profit on each crate of oranges?
Option A is the right answer.
40 oranges for $5, which makes each orange cost $0.125 (5/40).
Then the store sold each orange for $0.2, so the profits for each orange is 0.2-0.125 = $0.075.
Because there are 40 oranges
40 X 0.075 = $3.
So, the answer is A.
- The integers q,r,s,t and u are positive. If t >q , u > r, s >t, and r > s, what is the median of the five integers?
- Each vote in a certain election went to one of the two candidates, x or y. Candidate X received 624 votes…
- P, Q, R and S are points on the number line in that order. If the distance from P to S is 10, what is the…
- Kay began a certain game with x chips. On each of the next two plays, she lost one more than half…
- N and M are each 3-digit integers. Each of the numbers 1, 2, 3, 6, 7, and 8 is a digit of either N…