Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A grocery store purchased crates of 40 oranges each for $5.00 per crate and then sold each orange for $0.20. What was the store’s gross profit on each crate of oranges?
Option A is the right answer.
40 oranges for $5, which makes each orange cost $0.125 (5/40).
Then the store sold each orange for $0.2, so the profits for each orange is 0.2-0.125 = $0.075.
Because there are 40 oranges
40 X 0.075 = $3.
So, the answer is A.
- Color X ink is created by blending red, blue, green and yellow inks in the ratio 6:5:2:2. What is the number…
- A circular mat with diameter 20 inches is placed on a square tabletop, each of whose sides is…
- If a, b, x and y are positive integers, is a^(-x) > b^(-y) ?
- The logo of a certain corporation is in the shape of a polygon, where all angles of a the polygon have…
- What is the circumference of circular region R?