Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
In the triangle above, is x > 90?
I. a^2 + b^2 <15
II. c > 4
Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data specific to the problem are needed.
Option C is the correct answer.
Each statement alone is clearly insufficient. When taken together:
If angle x were 90 degrees than we would have a^2+b^2=4^2, since a^2+b^2<15<16 then angle x must be greater than 90 degrees (c^2 is greater than a^2+b^2 then the angel opposite c must be greater than 90).
- A circular mat with diameter 20 inches is placed on a square tabletop, each of whose sides is…
- If v = √(2(9.8))m/0.5j), m = 96, and j = 49,which of the following most closely approximates the value of v?
- Each vote in a certain election went to one of the two candidates, x or y. Candidate X received 624 votes…
- The figure above shows a construction plan for the intersection of three straight roads, each having…
- How many positive three-digit integers are divisible by both 3 and 4?