Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
In the triangle above, is x > 90?
I. a^2 + b^2 <15
II. c > 4
Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data specific to the problem are needed.
Option C is the correct answer.
Each statement alone is clearly insufficient. When taken together:
If angle x were 90 degrees than we would have a^2+b^2=4^2, since a^2+b^2<15<16 then angle x must be greater than 90 degrees (c^2 is greater than a^2+b^2 then the angel opposite c must be greater than 90).
- The median length of the 13 logs in shipment x was 84 inches, and the median length of the 21 logs in shipment…
- Which of the following fractions has the greatest value?
- If both x and y are nonzero numbers, what is the value of y/x?
- If Sn is the sum of the first n terms of a certain sequence and if Sn = n(n+1) for all positive integers…
- Of the 500 business people surveyed, 78 percent said that they use their laptop computers at home…