Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
In the triangle above, is x > 90?
I. a^2 + b^2 <15
II. c > 4
Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data specific to the problem are needed.
Option C is the correct answer.
Each statement alone is clearly insufficient. When taken together:
If angle x were 90 degrees than we would have a^2+b^2=4^2, since a^2+b^2<15<16 then angle x must be greater than 90 degrees (c^2 is greater than a^2+b^2 then the angel opposite c must be greater than 90).
- The total amount that John paid at a certain restaurant consisted of the price of the meal, the tax…
- How many litres of apple juice were added to the cranberry juice in a certain container?
- If 175 billion French francs is equivalent to 35 billion United States dollars, which of the following…
- A certain farmer pays $30 per acre per month to rent farmland. How much does the farmer pay per month to rent a rectangular plot of farmland that is 360 feet by 605 feet? (43560 square feet = 1 acre)
- If set B is a subset of Set A, how many elements are in set A?