Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
In the triangle above, is x > 90?
I. a^2 + b^2 <15
II. c > 4
Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data specific to the problem are needed.
Option C is the correct answer.
Each statement alone is clearly insufficient. When taken together:
If angle x were 90 degrees than we would have a^2+b^2=4^2, since a^2+b^2<15<16 then angle x must be greater than 90 degrees (c^2 is greater than a^2+b^2 then the angel opposite c must be greater than 90).
- Is the product of a positive integer and a negative integer is less than -10 ?
- a is a nonzero integer. Is a^a greater than 1?
- To raise funds, a racing team sold T-shirts imprinted with the team’s logo. The team paid their supplier a…
- Of the cans of peaches inspected yesterday at a certain plant, 1.5 percent failed to pass inspection. Of…
- A wholesaler bought 1,200 radios for $18 each. The wholesaler sold 60 percent of the radios for…