Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The ancient Anasazi harvested such native desert vegetation as the purple-flowered bee plant, what they now commonly call wild spinach in northern Arizona and other parts of the southwestern United States.
what they now commonly call
a plant that they now commonly call
now commonly called
and is now commonly called
which it is now commonly called
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Pronouns, clauses, and connectors.
A) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They” – Cannot refer to Anasazi, which is singular.
B) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They” – Cannot refer to Anasazi, which is singular.
C) Correct Answer
D) Inappropriate usage of the conjunction “and”. This makes it seem as though the Anasazi is now commonly called wild spinach.
E) Inappropriate usage of 2 pronouns “which” and “it”. Anyone would suffice.
- Appendicitis (inflammation of the appendix) is potentially fatal; consequently, patients with symptoms strongly suggesting appendicitis almost have their…
- Galileo did not invent the telescope, but on hearing, in 1609, that such an optical instrument had been made…
- There are no legal limits, as there are for cod and haddock, on the size of monkfish that can…
- A manufacturer of workstations for computer-aided design seeks to increase sales to its most important…
- Although the restaurant company has recently added many new restaurants across the country and its sales…