Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The ancient Anasazi harvested such native desert vegetation as the purple-flowered bee plant, what they now commonly call wild spinach in northern Arizona and other parts of the southwestern United States.
what they now commonly call
a plant that they now commonly call
now commonly called
and is now commonly called
which it is now commonly called
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Pronouns, clauses, and connectors.
A) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They” – Cannot refer to Anasazi, which is singular.
B) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They” – Cannot refer to Anasazi, which is singular.
C) Correct Answer
D) Inappropriate usage of the conjunction “and”. This makes it seem as though the Anasazi is now commonly called wild spinach.
E) Inappropriate usage of 2 pronouns “which” and “it”. Anyone would suffice.
- Currently 26 billion barrels a year, world consumption of oil is rising at a rate of 2 percent annually.
- A new commercial radio station in Greenfield plans to play songs that were popular hits fifteen to…
- A new machine for harvesting corn will allow rows to be planted only fifteen inches apart…
- Appendicitis (inflammation of the appendix) is potentially fatal; consequently, patients with symptoms strongly suggesting appendicitis almost have their…
- After more than four decades of research and development, a new type of jet engine is being tested that…