Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The ancient Anasazi harvested such native desert vegetation as the purple-flowered bee plant, what they now commonly call wild spinach in northern Arizona and other parts of the southwestern United States.
what they now commonly call
a plant that they now commonly call
now commonly called
and is now commonly called
which it is now commonly called
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Pronouns, clauses, and connectors.
A) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They” – Cannot refer to Anasazi, which is singular.
B) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They” – Cannot refer to Anasazi, which is singular.
C) Correct Answer
D) Inappropriate usage of the conjunction “and”. This makes it seem as though the Anasazi is now commonly called wild spinach.
E) Inappropriate usage of 2 pronouns “which” and “it”. Anyone would suffice.
- From 1980 to 1989, total consumption of fish in the country of Jurania increased by 4.5 percent, and total consumption of poultry products there increased by 9.0 percent..
- As the honeybee ’s stinger is heavily barbed, staying where it is inserted, this results in the act of stinging…
- Not only did the systematic clearing of forests in the United States create farmland…
- Excavations of the Roman city of Sepphoris have uncovered numerous detailed mosaics depicting several…
- Galileo did not invent the telescope, but on hearing, in 1609, that such an optical instrument had been made…