Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Birds known as honey guides exhibit a unique pattern of behavior: the bird leads another animal, such as a honey-badger or human, to a bees’ nest with their chattering when they fly ahead; after the larger animal takes honey, the bird eats the wasp and bee larvae.
with their chattering when they fly
with chattering and its flying
by chattering as it flies
by chattering and its flying
by chattering as they are flying
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Construction, Parallelism, Pronouns
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “with”. They don’t fly WITH chattering.
B) Same as A.
C) Correct Answer
D) Not parallel.
E) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They”. You don’t know what they refer to.
- Scholars who once thought Native American literatures were solely oral narratives recorded…
- In January 1994 an oil barge ran aground off the coast of San Juan, Puerto Rico, leaking its cargo…
- Turning away from literary realism to write romantic stories about the peasant life and landscape…
- In Teruvia, the quantity of rice produced per year is currently just large enough to satisfy domestic demand..
- The Earth’s rivers constantly carry dissolved salts into its oceans. Clearly, therefore, by taking…