Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Birds known as honey guides exhibit a unique pattern of behavior: the bird leads another animal, such as a honey-badger or human, to a bees’ nest with their chattering when they fly ahead; after the larger animal takes honey, the bird eats the wasp and bee larvae.
with their chattering when they fly
with chattering and its flying
by chattering as it flies
by chattering and its flying
by chattering as they are flying
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Construction, Parallelism, Pronouns
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “with”. They don’t fly WITH chattering.
B) Same as A.
C) Correct Answer
D) Not parallel.
E) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They”. You don’t know what they refer to.
- FastMart, a convenience store chain, is planning to add pancake syrup to the items it sells..
- That the application of new technology can increase the productivity of existing coal mines is demonstrated by the case of Tribnia’s coal industry. Coal output per miner in Tribnia is double what it was five years ago, even though no new mines have opened.
- The total market value of real estate in Altonville has steadily declined over the past four years. This decline…
- Competition in the mid-nineteenth century by large western farms gradually caused farmers in Pennsylvania to turn to livestock raising, but before that it was predominantly grain-producing.
- Agricultural societies cannot exist without staple crops. Several food plants, such as kola and okra..