Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Birds known as honey guides exhibit a unique pattern of behavior: the bird leads another animal, such as a honey-badger or human, to a bees’ nest with their chattering when they fly ahead; after the larger animal takes honey, the bird eats the wasp and bee larvae.
with their chattering when they fly
with chattering and its flying
by chattering as it flies
by chattering and its flying
by chattering as they are flying
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Construction, Parallelism, Pronouns
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “with”. They don’t fly WITH chattering.
B) Same as A.
C) Correct Answer
D) Not parallel.
E) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They”. You don’t know what they refer to.
- A Swiss government panel recommended that the country sell about half its gold reserves and this…
- The Earth’s rivers constantly carry dissolved salts into its oceans. Clearly, therefore, by taking…
- Humans have been damaging the environment for centuries by overcutting trees and farming too intensively…
- A new machine for harvesting corn will allow rows to be planted only fifteen inches apart…
- Imported into Massachusetts from Europe in 1869, the gypsy moth was used by a French…