Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Birds known as honey guides exhibit a unique pattern of behavior: the bird leads another animal, such as a honey-badger or human, to a bees’ nest with their chattering when they fly ahead; after the larger animal takes honey, the bird eats the wasp and bee larvae.
with their chattering when they fly
with chattering and its flying
by chattering as it flies
by chattering and its flying
by chattering as they are flying
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Construction, Parallelism, Pronouns
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “with”. They don’t fly WITH chattering.
B) Same as A.
C) Correct Answer
D) Not parallel.
E) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They”. You don’t know what they refer to.
- Soaring television costs accounted for more than half the spending in the presidential campaign of 1992, a greater proportion than it was in any previous election.
- When drive-ins were at the height of their popularity in the late 1950’s, some 4,000 existed in…
- Each year red-winged blackbirds stop in a certain region of Midland Province on…
- During her presidency of the short-lived Woman’s State Temperance Society (1852-1853)..
- In polluted environments, dolphins gradually accumulated toxins in their body fat, and the…