Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A circular mat with diameter 20 inches is placed on a square tabletop, each of whose sides is 24 inches long. Which of the following is closest to the fraction of the tabletop covered by the mat?
Option C is the correct answer.
Area of circle=πr^2=π10^2 ≈ 314 (d=20 –> r=10);
Area of square= (24)^2=576;
Area of circle/ area of square=314/576=157/288.
Now this fraction is obviously between 1/2 and 3/4 –> 1/2=144/288 and 3/4=216/288 — > 157 is closer to 144 than to 216.
- If |x| > 3, which of the following must be true?
- If the positive number d is the standard deviation of n, k and p then the standard deviation of n+1, k+…
- Which of the following fractions has the greatest value?
- Color X ink is created by blending red, blue, green and yellow inks in the ratio 6:5:2:2. What is the number…
- If T is a list of consecutive integers in increasing order, what is the sum of integers in T?