Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
People with a certain eye disorder are virtually unable to see in moderately bright light, which seems to them unbearably intense since the cells of their retinas are overwhelmed by moderately bright light. These people do, however, show normal sensitivity to most components of dim light. Their retinal cells are also not excessively sensitive to red components of moderately bright light.
The information above best supports which of the following hypotheses about people with the disorder described, if they have no other serious visual problems?
In all moderately dim light in which people without the disorder can read large print, people with the disorder cannot read such print.
In an otherwise darkened concert hall, these people will see a dimly illuminated red exit sign more clearly than small dim white lights that mark the aisles.
These people typically see more acutely at night and in dim light than do most people who do not have the disorder.
Eyeglasses that are transparent to red components of light but filter out other components of light help these people see in moderately bright light.
These people perceive colors other than red in the same way as do most people who do not have the disorder.
Option D is the correct answer.
Question type : Inference based question.
Summary of the argument: This is an inference question. We will need to jump to the options to find
something that is 100% true.
A) There is no information about the print type that people can read.
B) There is no information/differentiation between the different types of light that exists.
C) We do not have information about the time of the day.
D) Correct Answer
E) We are not worried about how people perceive colors.
- The ancient Anasazi harvested such native desert vegetation as the purple-flowered bee plant, what they now commonly call wild spinach…
- Currently 26 billion barrels a year, world consumption of oil is rising at a rate of 2 percent annually.
- The 32 species that make up the dolphin family are closely related to whales and in fact include the animal known as the killer whale, which can grow to be 30 feet long and is famous for its aggressive hunting pods.
- Unlike the short flights of the shuttle and earlier spacecraft, which carried sufficient power in fuel cells and…
- The OLEX Petroleum Company has recently determined that it could cut its refining costs by closing its Grenville refinery and….