Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If k is negative, which of the following must also be negative?
Option E is the correct answer.
For MUST-BE questions, Plugging- In
Given k is negative, so let’s take k = -1.
Substitute in the answer choices.
A. (-k)^2 –> (-(-1))^2 = 1 – Positive – So eliminate.
B. (-1)k –> (-1)k = (-1)(-1) = 1 – Positive – So eliminate.
C. 1-k –> 1-k = 1-(-1) -2– Positive – So eliminate.
D. k+1 –> k+1 = -1+1 = 0 –Neither Positive or Negative – So eliminate.
E. k-1 –> k-1 = -1-1 = -2—Negative-So this is the answer.
- Relative to a group of other airlines, and airline’s degree of competition, c. for daily flights from City X to Destination Y…
- Company X has 50 employees and Company Y has 60 employees. Both companies have the…
- At a sale all books were priced equally and all magazines were priced equally. What was the price of 3…
- If x/y = 2/3 , then (x-y)/x =
- Each of 90 students participated at least 1 of the track tryouts: High jump, long jump, 100 meter dash. If 20…