Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If Henry were to add 5 gallons of water to a tank that is already 3/4 full of water, the tank would be 7/8 full. How many gallons of water would the tank hold if it were full?
Option B is the correct answer.
Let “x” be the total capacity of the tank
Given, (¾)x + 5 = (7/8)x
Solving it we get X = 40
- If |x| > 3, which of the following must be true?
- The total amount that John paid at a certain restaurant consisted of the price of the meal, the tax…
- Each of 90 students participated at least 1 of the track tryouts: High jump, long jump, 100 meter dash. If 20…
- To raise funds, a racing team sold T-shirts imprinted with the team’s logo. The team paid their supplier a…
- Company X has 50 employees and Company Y has 60 employees. Both companies have the…