Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If Henry were to add 5 gallons of water to a tank that is already 3/4 full of water, the tank would be 7/8 full. How many gallons of water would the tank hold if it were full?
Option B is the correct answer.
Let “x” be the total capacity of the tank
Given, (¾)x + 5 = (7/8)x
Solving it we get X = 40
- When the even integer n is divided by 9, the remainder is 8. Which of the following, when added to n…
- A certain cake has two layers with pieces of fruit on top of each layer. Of all the pieces of fruit on…
- Which of the following is equivalent to ((a+b)/2)+ ((a-b)/3)?
- If set B is a subset of Set A, how many elements are in set A?
- If k is negative, which of the following must also be negative?