Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If Henry were to add 5 gallons of water to a tank that is already 3/4 full of water, the tank would be 7/8 full. How many gallons of water would the tank hold if it were full?
Option B is the correct answer.
Let “x” be the total capacity of the tank
Given, (¾)x + 5 = (7/8)x
Solving it we get X = 40
- Of the 3,600 employees of Company X, 1/3 are clerical. If the clerical staff were to be reduced…
- A bookstore that sells used books sells each of its paperback books for a certain price and each of…
- Company X has 50 employees and Company Y has 60 employees. Both companies have the…
- If m and n are integers and x > 0, what is the value of x^m+x^n?
- A grocery store purchased crates of 40 oranges each for $5.00 per crate and then sold each orange for $0.20. What was the store’s gross profit on each crate of oranges?