Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If Henry were to add 5 gallons of water to a tank that is already 3/4 full of water, the tank would be 7/8 full. How many gallons of water would the tank hold if it were full?
Option B is the correct answer.
Let “x” be the total capacity of the tank
Given, (¾)x + 5 = (7/8)x
Solving it we get X = 40
- When the even integer n is divided by 9, the remainder is 8. Which of the following, when added to n…
- On May 1 of last year, Jasmin invested x dollars in a new account at an interest rate of 6 percent per…
- If m and n are integers and x > 0, what is the value of x^m+x^n?
- If 2s > 8 and 3t < 9, which of the following could be the value of s-t?
- If a, b, x and y are positive integers, is a^(-x) > b^(-y) ?