Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Leaching, the recovery of copper from the drainage water of mines, as a method of the extraction of minerals, it was well established as early as the eighteenth century, but until about 25 years ago miners did not realize that bacteria take an active part in the process.
as a method of the extraction of minerals, it was well-established
as a method of the extraction of minerals well established
was a well-established method of mineral extraction
was a well-established method of extracting mineral that was
had been a method of mineral extraction, well established
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Sentence fragment, modifiers, tenses.
A) This is a sentence fragment. Moreover, it uses the pronoun “it” which is ambiguous.
B) Sentence fragment.
C) Correct Answer
D) Inappropriate usage of “That” as it refers to minerals.
E) Wrong tense. We do not require past perfect tense.
- Mel: The official salary for judges has always been too low to attract the best Candidates to the job. The legislature’s move to raise…
- A New York City ordinance of 1897 regulated the use of bicycles, mandated a maximum speed…
- Many entomologists say that campaigns to eradicate the fire ant in the United States have failed because the chemicals that…
- Competition in the mid-nineteenth century by large western farms gradually caused farmers in Pennsylvania to turn to livestock raising, but before that it was predominantly grain-producing.
- Since February, the Federal Reserve has raised its short-term interest rate target five times, and because of the economy’s…