Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Leaching, the recovery of copper from the drainage water of mines, as a method of the extraction of minerals, it was well established as early as the eighteenth century, but until about 25 years ago miners did not realize that bacteria take an active part in the process.
as a method of the extraction of minerals, it was well-established
as a method of the extraction of minerals well established
was a well-established method of mineral extraction
was a well-established method of extracting mineral that was
had been a method of mineral extraction, well established
Option C is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Sentence fragment, modifiers, tenses.
A) This is a sentence fragment. Moreover, it uses the pronoun “it” which is ambiguous.
B) Sentence fragment.
C) Correct Answer
D) Inappropriate usage of “That” as it refers to minerals.
E) Wrong tense. We do not require past perfect tense.
- A new machine for harvesting corn will allow rows to be planted only fifteen inches apart…
- Agricultural societies cannot exist without staple crops. Several food plants, such as kola and okra..
- As the honeybee ’s stinger is heavily barbed, staying where it is inserted, this results in the act of stinging…
- In archaeology, there must be a balance between explanation of the value and workings of archaeology…
- A recent review of pay scales indicates that CEO’s now earn an average of 419 times more pay than blue-collar workers, compared to a ratio of 42 times in 1980.