Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A Swiss government panel recommended that the country sell about half its gold reserves and this raised fears of other countries that do the same and inundate the market.
reserves and this raised fears of other countries that
reserves, which, as a result, raised fears of other countries that
reserves; as a result, they feared that other countries would
reserves, with fears raised that other countries would
reserves, raising fears that other countries would
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Modifiers, Pronouns.
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “this”. We do not know what it refers to.
B) Inappropriate usage of the word “Which” as it tends to refer to reserves.
C) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They” as it doesn’t have an antecedent.
D) Inappropriate usage of the word “With”
E) Correct Answer
- The town of Enderton is located in an area where forest fires are quite common. During dry periods and periods of persistent winds…
- A recent review of pay scales indicates that CEO’s now earn an average of 419 times more pay than blue-collar workers, compared to a ratio of 42 times in 1980.
- Three large companies and seven small companies currently manufacture a product with potential military applications..
- The prairie vole, a small North American grassland rodent, breeds year-round, and a group of…
- Agricultural societies cannot exist without staple crops. Several food plants, such as kola and okra..