Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A Swiss government panel recommended that the country sell about half its gold reserves and this raised fears of other countries that do the same and inundate the market.
reserves and this raised fears of other countries that
reserves, which, as a result, raised fears of other countries that
reserves; as a result, they feared that other countries would
reserves, with fears raised that other countries would
reserves, raising fears that other countries would
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Modifiers, Pronouns.
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “this”. We do not know what it refers to.
B) Inappropriate usage of the word “Which” as it tends to refer to reserves.
C) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They” as it doesn’t have an antecedent.
D) Inappropriate usage of the word “With”
E) Correct Answer
- Printwell’s Ink Jet Division manufactures ink-jet printers and the ink cartridges they use..
- Analyzing campaign expenditures, the media has had as a focus the high costs and low ethics of campaign…
- Whales originated in the freshwater lakes and rivers of ancient Asia about sixty million years ago…
- According to a 1996 survey by the National Association of College and University Business Officers, more…
- That the application of new technology can increase the productivity of existing coal mines is demonstrated by the case of Tribnia’s coal industry. Coal output per miner in Tribnia is double what it was five years ago, even though no new mines have opened.