Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A Swiss government panel recommended that the country sell about half its gold reserves and this raised fears of other countries that do the same and inundate the market.
reserves and this raised fears of other countries that
reserves, which, as a result, raised fears of other countries that
reserves; as a result, they feared that other countries would
reserves, with fears raised that other countries would
reserves, raising fears that other countries would
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Modifiers, Pronouns.
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “this”. We do not know what it refers to.
B) Inappropriate usage of the word “Which” as it tends to refer to reserves.
C) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They” as it doesn’t have an antecedent.
D) Inappropriate usage of the word “With”
E) Correct Answer
- Following several years of declining advertising sales, the Greenville Times reorganized its advertising…
- Editorial in Krenlandian Newspaper: Krenland’s steelmakers are losing domestic sales because of lower-priced imports..
- Socially and environmentally responsible investing is on the rise: last year in the United States, over…
- Many entomologists say that campaigns to eradicate the fire ant in the United States have failed because the chemicals that…
- People with a certain eye disorder are virtually unable to see in moderately bright light, which seems to them unbearably intense since..