Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A Swiss government panel recommended that the country sell about half its gold reserves and this raised fears of other countries that do the same and inundate the market.
reserves and this raised fears of other countries that
reserves, which, as a result, raised fears of other countries that
reserves; as a result, they feared that other countries would
reserves, with fears raised that other countries would
reserves, raising fears that other countries would
Option E is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Modifiers, Pronouns.
A) Inappropriate usage of the word “this”. We do not know what it refers to.
B) Inappropriate usage of the word “Which” as it tends to refer to reserves.
C) Inappropriate usage of the pronoun “They” as it doesn’t have an antecedent.
D) Inappropriate usage of the word “With”
E) Correct Answer
- Only seven people this century have been killed by the great white shark, the man-eater of the movies—less than those killed…
- Kernland imposes a high tariff on the export of unprocessed cashew nuts in…
- Three large companies and seven small companies currently manufacture a product with potential military applications..
- Analyzing campaign expenditures, the media has had as a focus the high costs and low ethics of campaign…
- Paper&Print is a chain of British stores selling magazines, books, and stationery products. In…