Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Socially and environmentally responsible investing is on the rise: last year in the United States, over $2 trillion was invested in funds that screen companies according to a variety of criteria such as adherence to labor standards, protection of the environment, and observance of human rights.
according to a variety of criteria such as
according to a variety of such criteria, as by
according to such a variety of criteria as by
in accordance with such a variety of criteria as
in accordance with a variety of criteria, such as by
Option A is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Idioms, Comparisons
A) Correct Answer
B) The phrase “Such criteria as by” is incorrect.
C) Same as B.
D) The phrase “in accordance with” is incorrect and wordy.
E) Same as B.
- According to a widely held economic hypothesis, imposing strict environmental regulations reduces…
- In January 1994 an oil barge ran aground off the coast of San Juan, Puerto Rico, leaking its cargo…
- Unearthed in China, fossils of feathered dinosaurs offer the most dramatic evidence yet discovered…
- A recent review of pay scales indicates that CEO’s now earn an average of 419 times more pay than blue-collar workers, compared to a ratio of 42 times in 1980.
- Studying the fruit fly, a household nuisance but a time-honored experimental subject, has enabled…