Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Socially and environmentally responsible investing is on the rise: last year in the United States, over $2 trillion was invested in funds that screen companies according to a variety of criteria such as adherence to labor standards, protection of the environment, and observance of human rights.
according to a variety of criteria such as
according to a variety of such criteria, as by
according to such a variety of criteria as by
in accordance with such a variety of criteria as
in accordance with a variety of criteria, such as by
Option A is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Idioms, Comparisons
A) Correct Answer
B) The phrase “Such criteria as by” is incorrect.
C) Same as B.
D) The phrase “in accordance with” is incorrect and wordy.
E) Same as B.
- Radio stations with radio data system (RDS) technology broadcast special program information that…
- Humans have been damaging the environment for centuries by overcutting trees and farming too intensively…
- According to a survey of graduating medical students conducted by the Association of American…
- For the last five years the Dutch economy has grown faster than Britain, France, or Germany…
- According to a 1996 survey by the National Association of College and University Business Officers, more…