Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Socially and environmentally responsible investing is on the rise: last year in the United States, over $2 trillion was invested in funds that screen companies according to a variety of criteria such as adherence to labor standards, protection of the environment, and observance of human rights.
according to a variety of criteria such as
according to a variety of such criteria, as by
according to such a variety of criteria as by
in accordance with such a variety of criteria as
in accordance with a variety of criteria, such as by
Option A is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Idioms, Comparisons
A) Correct Answer
B) The phrase “Such criteria as by” is incorrect.
C) Same as B.
D) The phrase “in accordance with” is incorrect and wordy.
E) Same as B.
- A New York City ordinance of 1897 regulated the use of bicycles, mandated a maximum speed…
- Despite the growing number of people who purchase plane tickets online, airline executives are…
- For the past several years, a certain technology has been widely used to transmit data among…
- Soaring television costs accounted for more than half the spending in the presidential campaign of 1992, a greater proportion than it was in any previous election.
- The OLEX Petroleum Company has recently determined that it could cut its refining costs by closing its Grenville refinery and….