Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
At an orientation meeting, the travelers were told that a visa, a landing card, and evidence of inoculation against typhoid fever would be needed by each of them.
a visa, a landing card, and evidence of inoculation against typhoid fever would be needed by each of them
they would need a visa, a landing card, and evidence of their being inoculated against typhoid fever
they would need evidence of being inoculated against typhoid fever and a visa and landing card
they would each need a visa, a landing card, and evidence of inoculation against typhoid fever
they would need visas, landing cards, and evidence of inoculation against typhoid fever for each of them
Option D is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Meaning, Passive construction.
A) Passive construction.
B) Inappropriate usage of the word “being” thereby introducing a passive construction.
C) Same as B.
D) Correct Answer
E) Each person would need only ONE VISA and not multiple VISAs. Hence this option collapses the meaning of the sentence.
- Since February, the Federal Reserve has raised its short-term interest rate target five times, and because of the economy’s…
- As the honeybee ’s stinger is heavily barbed, staying where it is inserted, this results in the act of stinging…
- In 1992 outlaw fishing boats began illegally harvesting lobsters from the territorial waters of the country of Belukia. Soon after…
- Fossils of a whale that beached on an African shore more than a million years ago and…
- Humans have been damaging the environment for centuries by overcutting trees and farming too intensively…