Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
At an orientation meeting, the travelers were told that a visa, a landing card, and evidence of inoculation against typhoid fever would be needed by each of them.
a visa, a landing card, and evidence of inoculation against typhoid fever would be needed by each of them
they would need a visa, a landing card, and evidence of their being inoculated against typhoid fever
they would need evidence of being inoculated against typhoid fever and a visa and landing card
they would each need a visa, a landing card, and evidence of inoculation against typhoid fever
they would need visas, landing cards, and evidence of inoculation against typhoid fever for each of them
Option D is the correct answer.
Concept tested: Meaning, Passive construction.
A) Passive construction.
B) Inappropriate usage of the word “being” thereby introducing a passive construction.
C) Same as B.
D) Correct Answer
E) Each person would need only ONE VISA and not multiple VISAs. Hence this option collapses the meaning of the sentence.
- A recent review of pay scales indicates that CEO’s now earn an average of 419 times more pay than blue-collar workers, compared to a ratio of 42 times in 1980.
- TrueSave is a mail-order company that ships electronic products from its warehouses to…
- Socially and environmentally responsible investing is on the rise: last year in the United States, over…
- People who have spent a lot of time in contact with animals often develop animal-induced allergies, some of them quite serious…
- Three large companies and seven small companies currently manufacture a product with potential military applications..