Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The outside of the rectangular box represented in the figure above is to be decorated by attaching pieces of wrapping paper to cover all surfaces except the bottom of the box. What is the minimum number of square inches of wrapping paper needed?
Option B is the correct answer.
Total area of cuboid – area of bottom of cuboid = paper required to wrap all sides except bottom of the cuboid
Total area of cuboid = area of top and bottom side faces (l*b)+area of two side faces(h*b) + area of two side faces (l*h) = 2*25*10 + 2*5*10 + 2*25*5 = 500+100+250=850
Area of bottom face = 250
So paper needed = 850 – 250 = 600 square inches.
- Relative to a group of other airlines, and airline’s degree of competition, c. for daily flights from City X to Destination Y…
- At the end of each year, the value of a certain antique watch is “c” percent more than its value one…
- A certain store sells small, medium, and large toy trucks in each of the colors red, blue, green, and yellow…
- How many positive three-digit integers are divisible by both 3 and 4?
- All of the 540 people who attended an education convention were either teachers or administrators. There…