Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The outside of the rectangular box represented in the figure above is to be decorated by attaching pieces of wrapping paper to cover all surfaces except the bottom of the box. What is the minimum number of square inches of wrapping paper needed?
Option B is the correct answer.
Total area of cuboid – area of bottom of cuboid = paper required to wrap all sides except bottom of the cuboid
Total area of cuboid = area of top and bottom side faces (l*b)+area of two side faces(h*b) + area of two side faces (l*h) = 2*25*10 + 2*5*10 + 2*25*5 = 500+100+250=850
Area of bottom face = 250
So paper needed = 850 – 250 = 600 square inches.
- If snow accumulation increased at a constant rate of 30 millimeters per hour during a certain…
- A wholesaler bought 1,200 radios for $18 each. The wholesaler sold 60 percent of the radios for…
- Each signal that a certain ship can make is comprised of 3 different flags hanging vertically in a…
- A certain store sells small, medium, and large toy trucks in each of the colors red, blue, green, and yellow…
- If a town of 25,000 people is growing at a rate of approximately 1 percent per year, the population of the…