Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
The outside of the rectangular box represented in the figure above is to be decorated by attaching pieces of wrapping paper to cover all surfaces except the bottom of the box. What is the minimum number of square inches of wrapping paper needed?
Option B is the correct answer.
Total area of cuboid – area of bottom of cuboid = paper required to wrap all sides except bottom of the cuboid
Total area of cuboid = area of top and bottom side faces (l*b)+area of two side faces(h*b) + area of two side faces (l*h) = 2*25*10 + 2*5*10 + 2*25*5 = 500+100+250=850
Area of bottom face = 250
So paper needed = 850 – 250 = 600 square inches.
- Of the 3,600 employees of Company X, 1/3 are clerical. If the clerical staff were to be reduced…
- A farmer spent $35 on feed for chickens and goats. He spent 40% money on chicken feed, which he…
- In the triangle above, is x > 90?
- Each signal that a certain ship can make is comprised of 3 different flags hanging vertically in a…
- (1+0.0001)/(0.04+10) The value of the expression above is closest to which of the following?