Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If two copying machines work simultaneously at their respective constant rates, how many copies do they produce in 5 minutes?
I. One of the machines produces copies at a constant rate of 250 copies per minute.
II. One of the machines produces copies at twice the constant rate of the other machine
Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data specific to the problem are needed.
Option E is the correct answer.
Let’s say two machines A and B,
Statement I is insufficient: A = 250/minute no relation between A and B => Insufficient.
Statement II is insufficient: A=2B or B=2A => Insufficient.
Together I and II,
We don’t know A=250 or B=250 NS
- If both x and y are nonzero numbers, what is the value of y/x?
- A string of 10 light bulbs is wired in such a way that if any individual light bulb fails, the entire string…
- If a, b, x and y are positive integers, is a^(-x) > b^(-y) ?
- The cost of a certain phone call was $0.75 for the first 3 minutes and $0.20 for each additional minute…
- When the even integer n is divided by 9, the remainder is 8. Which of the following, when added to n…