Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
If two copying machines work simultaneously at their respective constant rates, how many copies do they produce in 5 minutes?
I. One of the machines produces copies at a constant rate of 250 copies per minute.
II. One of the machines produces copies at twice the constant rate of the other machine
Statement (1) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (2) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statement (2) ALONE is sufficient, but statement (1) alone is not sufficient to answer the question asked.
BOTH statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are sufficient to answer the question asked, but NEITHER statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
EACH statement ALONE is sufficient to answer the question asked.
Statements (1) and (2) TOGETHER are NOT sufficient to answer the question asked, and additional data specific to the problem are needed.
Option E is the correct answer.
Let’s say two machines A and B,
Statement I is insufficient: A = 250/minute no relation between A and B => Insufficient.
Statement II is insufficient: A=2B or B=2A => Insufficient.
Together I and II,
We don’t know A=250 or B=250 NS
- In the figure above, what is the length of segment PQ ?
- If |x| > 3, which of the following must be true?
- Kay began a certain game with x chips. On each of the next two plays, she lost one more than half…
- For a certain art exhibit, a museum sold admission tickets to a group of 30 people every 5 minutes from 9:00 in…
- Maria can either buy a basket that contains P pounds of apples for $16.50 or buy p pounds of apples…