Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A wholesaler bought 1,200 radios for $18 each. The wholesaler sold 60 percent of the radios for $30 each and the rest for $15 each. What was the wholesaler’s average (arithmetic mean) profit per radio?
Option E is the correct answer.
60% of radios were sold at $30 and 40% at $15.
Average selling price = (30*0.6 + 15*0.4)/1 = 24
Average cost price = $18
Average profit = $6
- Of the 3,600 employees of Company X, 1/3 are clerical. If the clerical staff were to be reduced…
- If x ≠ – 1, then is equal to
- What is the circumference of circular region R?
- Points P, R, M and S lie on the number line shown. The coordinate of R is 0. The distance between…
- If m and n are integers and x > 0, what is the value of x^m+x^n?