Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A wholesaler bought 1,200 radios for $18 each. The wholesaler sold 60 percent of the radios for $30 each and the rest for $15 each. What was the wholesaler’s average (arithmetic mean) profit per radio?
Option E is the correct answer.
60% of radios were sold at $30 and 40% at $15.
Average selling price = (30*0.6 + 15*0.4)/1 = 24
Average cost price = $18
Average profit = $6
- A car traveling at a certain constant speed takes 2 seconds longer to travel 1 kilometer than it would…
- Is quadrilateral MNOP a square?
- A string of 10 light bulbs is wired in such a way that if any individual light bulb fails, the entire string…
- A certain store sells small, medium, and large toy trucks in each of the colors red, blue, green, and yellow…
- For a certain art exhibit, a museum sold admission tickets to a group of 30 people every 5 minutes from 9:00 in…