Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A wholesaler bought 1,200 radios for $18 each. The wholesaler sold 60 percent of the radios for $30 each and the rest for $15 each. What was the wholesaler’s average (arithmetic mean) profit per radio?
Option E is the correct answer.
60% of radios were sold at $30 and 40% at $15.
Average selling price = (30*0.6 + 15*0.4)/1 = 24
Average cost price = $18
Average profit = $6
- The logo of a certain corporation is in the shape of a polygon, where all angles of a the polygon have…
- Which of the following is equivalent to ((a+b)/2)+ ((a-b)/3)?
- What is the value of 6^x*6^y ?
- If a, b, c are three numbers on the number line shown above, is c between a and b.
- In a certain downtown office, 40 percent of the workers are men and 60 percent are women…