Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A wholesaler bought 1,200 radios for $18 each. The wholesaler sold 60 percent of the radios for $30 each and the rest for $15 each. What was the wholesaler’s average (arithmetic mean) profit per radio?
Option E is the correct answer.
60% of radios were sold at $30 and 40% at $15.
Average selling price = (30*0.6 + 15*0.4)/1 = 24
Average cost price = $18
Average profit = $6
- If (2^x) (2^y) = 8 and (9^x)(3^y) = 81, then (x,y) equals:
- In the xy-plane, does the line L intersect the graph of y = x^2
- Which of the following is an integer?
- All of the 540 people who attended an education convention were either teachers or administrators. There…
- When the even integer n is divided by 9, the remainder is 8. Which of the following, when added to n…