Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
A wholesaler bought 1,200 radios for $18 each. The wholesaler sold 60 percent of the radios for $30 each and the rest for $15 each. What was the wholesaler’s average (arithmetic mean) profit per radio?
Option E is the correct answer.
60% of radios were sold at $30 and 40% at $15.
Average selling price = (30*0.6 + 15*0.4)/1 = 24
Average cost price = $18
Average profit = $6
- How many positive three-digit integers are divisible by both 3 and 4?
- Is quadrilateral MNOP a square?
- 3 teaspoons = 1 tablespoon, 4 tablespoons = 1/4 cup. According to the information above, how many teaspoons are equal to 3/8 cup?
- If each customer at the outdoor movie last night came in a car, what was the number of cars in which…
- If a, b, x and y are positive integers, is a^(-x) > b^(-y) ?