Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Of the 3,600 employees of Company X, 1/3 are clerical. If the clerical staff were to be reduced by 1/3, what percent of the total number of the remaining employees would then be clerical?
Option A is the correct answer.
1/3 of 36000=12000
1/3 of 12000=4000
Total number of employees=36000-4000
Total number of clerical staff=8000
Hence current percentage=8000/32000*100=25%
- 6.2 is what percent of 1000?
- During an experiment, the temperature of a liquid was measured several times. The temperatures, in degree…
- If m and n are integers and x > 0, what is the value of x^m+x^n?
- If m, x, and y are positive integers, what is the value of x – y?
- If the average (arithmetic mean) of the assessed values of x houses is $212,000 and the average of the…