Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Of the 3,600 employees of Company X, 1/3 are clerical. If the clerical staff were to be reduced by 1/3, what percent of the total number of the remaining employees would then be clerical?
Option A is the correct answer.
1/3 of 36000=12000
1/3 of 12000=4000
Total number of employees=36000-4000
Total number of clerical staff=8000
Hence current percentage=8000/32000*100=25%
- Maria can either buy a basket that contains P pounds of apples for $16.50 or buy p pounds of apples…
- Which of the following is equivalent to ((a+b)/2)+ ((a-b)/3)?
- A train travelled from Station A to Station B at an average speed of 80 kilometres per hour and then…
- During an experiment, the temperature of a liquid was measured several times. The temperatures, in degree…
- A circular mat with diameter 20 inches is placed on a square tabletop, each of whose sides is…