Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Of the 3,600 employees of Company X, 1/3 are clerical. If the clerical staff were to be reduced by 1/3, what percent of the total number of the remaining employees would then be clerical?
Option A is the correct answer.
1/3 of 36000=12000
1/3 of 12000=4000
Total number of employees=36000-4000
Total number of clerical staff=8000
Hence current percentage=8000/32000*100=25%
- For a certain art exhibit, a museum sold admission tickets to a group of 30 people every 5 minutes from 9:00 in…
- P, Q, R and S are points on the number line in that order. If the distance from P to S is 10, what is the…
- If x ≠ – 1, then is equal to
- If x/y = 2/3 , then (x-y)/x =
- A certain group of car dealerships agreed to donate x dollars to a Red Cross Chapter for each car…