Get detailed explanations to advanced GMAT questions.
Of the 3,600 employees of Company X, 1/3 are clerical. If the clerical staff were to be reduced by 1/3, what percent of the total number of the remaining employees would then be clerical?
Option A is the correct answer.
1/3 of 36000=12000
1/3 of 12000=4000
Total number of employees=36000-4000
Total number of clerical staff=8000
Hence current percentage=8000/32000*100=25%
- What is the value of expression x(x-2)^3 when x = -1?
- A circular mat with diameter 20 inches is placed on a square tabletop, each of whose sides is…
- A clothing store’s revenue last May was 6 percent less than its revenue last April. The store’s revenue last May…
- If k is negative, which of the following must also be negative?
- Which of the following fractions has the greatest value?